Chapter Thirty-seven - Stupid excuses😐

Vote, comment and share.

I keep my eyes glued to the floor, avoiding eye contact with any of them.

"You shocked us, you know that" Tyler was the first to speak.

I didn't look up, fidgeting with my fingers.

"We don't know who you are anymore Ashley" Max said and I sigh.

It sounds so foreign hearing him say my name instead of calling me Red.

"You ain't got nothing to say?" Cole asked.

I raised my head, my eyes flicking between the three of them. Where is Zack and Josh?

"There's nothing to say" I stated.

"So you break up with Zack and there's nothing to say?" Cole folded his arms.

"She had a reason ok!" Kaitlyn defended me.

"And what was the reason?" Max asked raising his eyebrow.

"Amm... Amm..." Kaitlyn tried to come up with a reasonable answer but I quickly jump in.

"I didn't break up with him, I just needed a little time. That's all" I said.

Tyler pushed his hand in his back pocket and pulled out a folded something, that looked like a flyer.

"You needed time for this?" He unfold the paper and raised it up. It wasn't a flyer, it was the picture of Josh and I.

"It's not what it looks like" I said.

"Really? What is it then?" Tyler asked folding his arms.

"It was a long time ago and we..."

Cole cuts me off. "We don't have time for your stupid excuses"

"But if you would just let me explain..."

Cole cuts me off again. "Explain that you broke our friend's heart! We can't even look at you right now"

"Yea, and what you said yesterday in the cafeteria was so uncalled for" Max shook his head at me.

"Guys let's go, we have to get Zack and make sure he doesn't see this because he might kill Josh" Tyler said, Max and Cole nodded.

Tyler gave me a sad look before walking off with Max and Cole on either side of him.

"Is this real?" I ask turning to Kaitlyn.

"It's real sadly" She frowned.

Bell rings and I groan in frustration. "Please don't leave me alone to suffer in Maths" I plead to her.

"I'm sorry but I have a test in bio today, maybe we can meet up lunch" She squeezed my arm with a smile before going the opposite direction.

I sigh before walking to my first class. As I'm about to bend the corner, I see Josh opening his locker.

I walk up to him, waiting for him to acknowledge my presence. "Mhmm!" I cleared my throat and startled he dropped something.

"I got it" We both say in Union as we both rush to pick it up, bumping heads.

"You alright?" He asked rubbing my forehead as I hold his belong.

"Yea" I answer and we fall under awkward silence. "What is this?" I ask realizing I haven't given him whatever this is back.

He tries to take it back but I pull it closer to me. It was a black hoodie.

I looked at the side of the hoodie to see a red stain. Is this blood?