Chapter Sixteen - The explanation

Zack, Ashley, Josh and Nicole on top.

Cardi B - I like it, is also there.

****Ashley's POV****

Josh was giving me a ride home, since Zack was ignoring me for some reason. I wasn't sure if i wanted to know to be honest. There is only enough shit one person could take, and right now I can't take anymore.

I love Zack but I don't know if i can handle all of this drama. When i said yes to being his girlfriend, I knew my life would change but I didn't expect all of this.

He is hiding things from me and Nicole confirmed that yesterday, I always had a feeling but i wasn't sure. All those nights he came home late and made up stupid excuses, all those times when him and the boys went somewhere and wouldn't say where.

Maybe I should ask Josh. Would he even tell me?

"Ash? Ashley" He shakes me.

"Oh sorry, it's been a long day" I say rubbing my head.

"Look at me" He said turning my head for me to look at him. "Don't study about Zack, Your mom's boyfriend nothing. Just study about yourself." He said confusing me.

"What do you mean? I study about myself" I say, and the lights turn green and he moves his hand onto the steering wheel.

"Really? Ashley all you talk about these days is Zack, your mom's new boyfriend, Nicole and so on. I never heard anything about you" He said and I knew he was telling the truth.

"I called Addison this afternoon and she said she'll be coming to see you" He continued.

"Why would you do that?" I ask.

"Because she's your best friend and right now you need her" He said as he pulled up in front my house.

"Thanks Josh but I really don't..."

  "No don't say anything, I called her and she should be here soon. You two can have a girls night" He said smiling.

  "That would be nice I guess. We used to have a lot back in Trinidad" I say remembering how it was like there.

  "Well you know if you ever need someone call me ok. I'll have a night with you too" He said wiggling his eyebrows.

   "Oh shut up" I hit his arm laughing and he joined me.

    "But seriously if you ever need someone I'll always be here ok?" He looked into my eyes with that smile again.

   "Yea ok" I said looking into his eyes. His eyes flicking from my eyes to my lips. He was leaning in. "Uh.. I should umm... I should go" I say opening the car door and going out.

   "I'll see you tomorrow" I said in my thoughts.

  "You know you wanted to kiss me Ross" He teased me.

   "Whatever you say Parker" I tease him back as I walk to my front door.

What was that about Ashley?

  Did I almost kiss Josh? No I can't do that! Don't matter how much me and Zack fight, I don't think I'll move on.

   He drives off and I struggle to open my front door. The same time I look across the road to see Zack's car pulls into his driveway.

  I try to open the door faster and drop the key. "Oh shit!, Just my luck" I mumble as I look for the key.

  "Ashley, can I talk to you a minute?" That husky voice I like so much asks behind me.