Sixty-six - I promise

Vote, Comment and Share ❤️

I wake up later that day expecting to find Zack's heavy but conforting arm wrapped around my waist, but the bed is empty.

I try to ignore the sense of longing as I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes. It's 2 pm and Zack isn't in our room at all.

When I slide out of bed, the chill hits me all at once, and I slide into a sweater that Zack left on the edge of the bed.

I snuggle into it and resist the urge to smell it like a total psychopath, but it totally has his alluring smell that's distinctly Zack.

When I get out the bathroom, he walks into the room at the same time, a tray in one hand and a present in the other.

"You're up" He smiles and I nod.

"What do you have there?" I sit cross legged on the bed as he closes the door and I smile at him, eyeing the items in his hands.

He sits cross legged on the bed in front of me and sets the tray between us.

"I thought it would be better if everyone woke up to some lunch and breakfast in one'

"And you did this by yourself?" I ask smiling.

"The boys helped as well" He said and I raised a brow. "Don't worry they can actually cook" He laughed.

"I'll take your word for it" I laugh before picking up a sandwich and taking a bite.

"Do you like it?" He asks me and I nod in delightment.

Someone knocks at the door and Zack gets up to see who it is. When he opens the door Emma and Max are standing in there bathsuits, holding towels.

"I thought we're gonna watch a movie?" Zack says.

"We want to go to the beach. so get ready!" Max practically shouts and the others gather around behind them also prepared for the beach.

"Alright. We'll meet you guys there" Zack says before closing the door. 

"So are you going to tell me what's in that box or are you going to let me die of curiosity?"

He laughs and moves the tray off the bed, replacing it with the small box wrapped in Christmas paper.

"This is your other present" He tells me. "And you deserve a lot more for even being here with me right now... but soon"

"I know I have made a lot of mistakes and I'll make it up to you everyday until you say stop, because Ashley you're the only person that I could ever see myself with, and I'll never give up on us. I know we're young but we're not like other couples, we're us. We still have a long way to go trust me I know but I promise to love and respect you." He continued.

My heart skips a few beats and it takes everything I have to stop myself from tackling him and kissing him until New Year.

I take the surprisingly well wrapped present in my hands. I meet his eyes, only to find him already studying me. "You didn't have to get me anything else"

"Just open it"

His piercing blue eyes give nothing away as he watches me carefully unwrap his gift.

It's a red, flat box, just a bit bigger than my hand, and I look at him again before hesitantly opening the lid.

It's a necklace with rhinestones around it and an object hanging from it. It's a long skinny wooden object with some ornate golden designs at the top and bottom, and some numbers burned into it. It looks vintage almost and its truly beautiful.