Chapter Fifty - Confessions 😯

Vote, Comment & Share ❤️

Only a few chapters left peeps☹️💖 Hope you enjoy this chapter.

"This is a nice one"  Joanne smiles as she looks at the Christmas trees.

"Yea" I say, not focused on the tree, But on the couple across from us.

If only that was Zack and I.

Stop comparing everything to Zack.

It's done.

You're done.

Then why do I feel so empty and incomplete now.

Like something is missing. He is missing.

"Can you choose one, Christmas is in two weeks"

I almost forgot about Christmas.

My mother, Alexis and I would go to my grandma's house and spend Christmas with our family.

My mother would always have something to say either about my hair, my dress or anything with me.

My grandmother however would just tell her to shut up and leave me alone. That's one of the reasons I didn't want to leave Trinidad, because I know without my grandmother keeping my mom in check she would torture me and I was correct.

"Ashley?" Joanne waves her hand in front my face.

"Huh" I stare at her.

"I asked if you wanted to go get something to eat"

"Oh yeah, sure" I say and we walk to the car.

"Ashley, are you sure you're okay?" Joanne asks as she starts the car.

"Yeah I'm fine" I say and look out the window.

"Ashley Ross I know when you're lying" She says and I smile at how she called me by my full name like my mother used too.

"I have something to tell you" I say and I see the mall came into view.

"What is it hun?" She asks.

I take a deep breath. "I finally made up my mind"

"What do mean, about what?"

"About UWI college in Trinidad" I say.

"Really?" Her eyes widen. "What did you decide?"

"I decided to go" I say and Joanne parks the car in the Mall's car park.

"Oh" She says turning to look at me.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"I guess, I just got used to having you around" She said and I nod.

"I know, but I think this is best" I say.

"It's your decision" She smiles. "I hope your father and your brothers take it good"

That's right, they don't know about that!

I forgot to tell them.

What will they say?

"Let's get something to eat first because I'm starving" She laughs.

"Me too" I say and we come out the car.

As we walk through the mall, I remember what happened the last time I was here with Joanne.

It feels like so long ago now, but it was probably only a month or two.

"What are you feeling for?" Joanne asks.

"I want pizza" I say.

"I thought you was going to say that" She laughs. "I'm going to buy two family size pizzas"