¹⁰ten

❀✿――――――――⋆✦⋆――――――――✿❀

Chapter 10: night ride

Later at night, after my shift just ended, I took light steps until the exit was visible under my gaze. Wrapping my hand around its handlebars, I used my strength to push it. A crisp breeze filled the air that was gradually suffocating me.

Enduring the shivers everywhere on my skin, I tightly gripped my trench around my structure. This way I could ensure myself some warm, until I reached my car. In the empty road the only audible twang was the heavy heartbeat of mine. It combined with the cracking noise that my heels manufactured on the asphalt.

The sudden blurry of my vision, made me stop my steps. Little knocks inside my scalp, my breath hitched a little and still I decided to stick with it. The lump throbbing down my throat wasn't making it easier.

These were moments when my weaknesses took over and made me their puppets. My eyelids went down as I tried to get my silence back. Is this how a delightful moment is ruined? Without having mercy it came in between my being, making it fall apart. Such an accurate representation of my life.

Another sudden piece of cloth was thrown over my shoulders. It made my body heat up and feel more comfortable with the pain.

"You're gonna catch a cold; and we don't want you to do so. Right Tae?" the raspy voice that tinkled beside my ear, emptied my body from the burning pain.

I forced the beaten eyes of mine to open. Jimin was beside my figure, gazing up at the starry sky. Behind us, Taehyung was staring at his apple tablet. The difference.

"It's cold. Take your coat back," moving my arms, I tried to take off my shoulders his coat, but Jimin stopped me.

"Just accept it for now."

Slowly nodding, I didn't talk anymore.

"Hey Eun Ji. Do you have a car?" Taehyung asked without glancing away from his tablet.

Confused, I tilted my head "I do. Why do you ask?"

Grinning hard, he shrugged "Because you will take us home tonight."

Stating that, he took his way to reach the parking lot. Leaving a very confused me behind. My gaze shifted on Jimin.

Nervously, he looked away.

"Where is your car at?"

"Uhm I kinda had an accident and I should get it tomorrow. Taehyung doesn't drive."