E P I L O G U E

❀✿――――――――⋆✦⋆――――――――✿❀

Author's P.O.V
6 years later

Gijeog shuddered as a soft sneeze left her structure. With her tiny fingers, she picked her nose and coughed a little. The dust at the dorm irritated her nose as she came around the room, taking small steps. Jimin smiled gazing over his little toddler. The way she stomped on the ground made her pink cheeks move up and down. She had found a piece of cloth and kept playing with it.

"Princess do you need a tissue?" he went to her side.

Shaking her head, Gijeog looked up "Nu-uh. I'm fine."

Jimin nodded and grabbed another broom. He had decided to clean the dorm at his old house. Jungkook had fallen asleep, so Gijeog followed him behind like a little duck.

"Dad."

"Hmm," he hummed back.

"What is that?" Jimin turned his head, Gijeog was pointing at a huge velvet chest. Clicking the tounge along his teeth, he went once again behind her.

"How did you find this? Let's see what it is," he grabbed the huge chest and decided to go and open it downstairs.

After going downstairs, Gijeog grabbed the hem of his sweatpants to keep up with her father's pace. Noises were heard from the living room.

I hope Jungkook didn't bring another girl, Jimin rolled his eyes reminded of the last incidents. For his surprise, Taehyung and Sora were there laughing with Jungkook.

"Uncle Tae Tae," the little girl screamed, letting go of the sweatpants and laughing over at her uncle's arm.
Jimin let the chest down, Jungkook giving him a questionable look.

"You guys are back? Since when?"

Sora and Taehyung were gone for their honeymoon, guess it was over and they are back.

"We just came back and decided to visit out little Gijeog," Sora ruffled the girl's caramel hair. Jimin nodded.

"What is that?" Jungkook asked staring at the velvet chest. Gijeog popped in front of his arms.

"I found that box. It's this big," she opened her tiny arms to show how big the chest was. Jimin shook his head, while figuring out how to open it. After some good ten minutes, he finally opened it.

Gijeog went behind him to peek inside it. Both daughter and father gasped at what it contained. Jimin sat down as he felt his legs weak, eyes tearing up. Placing his hand inside the chest, he took out an old picture frame, staring it for some seconds.

"Dad who is that girl with you?" the girl curiously asked after looking at it and recognizing her father. Jungkook took Gijeog in his arms, to let Jimin some minutes alone.

The picture was taken six years ago, at Jimin's and Eun Ji's wedding. She had collected everything precious to her inside this velvet chest. He placed it in the corner of his dorm and forgot about it until now.

"Daaaaad I found a dress. Can I keep it please please please?" Gijeog scream-gasped at the same time when she found Eun Ji's wedding dress and tried to pull it out.

Jimin laughed "It's too big for you princess. You need to grow a lot to wear that. I won't let you go so easily."

"Sick," Jungkook whispered.

Roaming more through the chest, Jimin found her design books, pictures from photoshoots, albums of them and some letters wrapped up together with a ribbon. The first one had his name on, it was her writing. He grabbed all of them and went upstairs in his room.

Unfolding them, he took the first letter out with his name. The letter still had a floral scent on it. Then sat on his bed and started reading quickly.

"To Jimin.
Hey baby, it's me. If you are reading this, that means I'm no longer there with you. I wrote these letters for each one of you, the people I love most. I don't know when you'll be reading this, maybe months after today, or years.
First of all I hope you are doing well. I hope that you are in that phase so when you think about me, your heart won't ache and long for the love. I hope that you remind me dearly and in my best state.
Second, uhm I feel like I'm writing an essay hahahah. I'm the worst, ruining everything. I just packed my things in the velvet chest you bought me. I want it to be a gift for our Gijeog in the future. How is she? Is she growing well? Tell her about me when she's old enough to understand and comprehend the truth.
Come and visit me sometimes at my graveyard, talk to me and tell me how beautiful she will become.
Right now it's 11 pm, you are out to buy me ice cream. I was whining like a little baby, so you went out to buy it. I would love to write you more about scenarios and stupid shits that goes through my mind, maybe I'll write some other letters later. Along with your letter, I'll leave some for the others too. Please give them away.
Baby, I have to end it here now. Always keep me in your heart and memories, always remember me, but never long for me.
I love you more than anything else
Eun Ji."

The letter slightly trembled in his hands, as he cried while reading it. It had been years since Jimin let himself cry over Eun Ji. He had promised her not to, but after reading something like this it was hard not to.

...

Days later, Jimin took Gijeog and went to visit his mother at Jeju Island. His little daughter loved to stop at the beach during October, just like her mother did. They would come every year, sitting on the sand and watching the waves dance. This is how Jimin spent that day in October, which was both Gijeog's birthday and Eun Ji's death day.

"Daddy, look a seagull, uncle Kookieee," the girl happily pointed at the bird. Jimin giggled and ruffled her hair.

If it wasn't for Gijeog, he would've gone mad crazy. She made his life brighter, more cheerful.

"Eun Ji," he whispered, "You were never afraid of death, but of an unlived life. And you lived it baby, like there was no tomorrow. You once said to me forgive me for being a dreamer; I never got the chance to reply. Now I understand. You should've forgave me for not being there with you sooner, to dream with you."

-thank you everyone for reading this book and support "Rêveur". It's a very special book to me. With this last chapter I didn't only finish a book, but also let go of one dear person to me, which was an inspiration to write Eun Ji's character.
My dear childhood friend, who died 4 years ago because of brain tumor, this is for you ❤️