¹⁶Sixteen

❀✿――――――――⋆✦⋆――――――――✿❀

Chapter 16: Confession

"Ah I'm full" patting her tummy, Sora leaned back in her chair. Tonight we decided to eat outside, so she brought me at a barbecue one. The meat was the only thing to enjoy, since I couldn't drink soju.

Even after drinking two bottles of it, Sora wasn't feeling tipsy at all. Being a heavyweight must be such a wonderful thing. I waved my hand over her face.

"Are you drunk already?" curious I asked.

She tched and gave me an annoyed look.
"What do you take me for? Of course I'm not. I can bear with alcohol my darling."

Nodding, I placed another piece of meat in my mouth. The way it softly melted inside was satisfying. It was easier to chew on it that way.

"Jay said he wanted to come over" she said while gulping another shot.

Immediately my face lit up, hearing about my best friend's possible arrival.
"I hope so, it's so boring with only the two of us."

Faking a cry, Sora threw a piece of lettuce in my direction "You broke my heart."

I let out a soft giggle, while playing with my hairs. Swirling them around my index finger, made it easier for me to distract. From what? The male that's been through my mind lately. Park Jimin.

Sighing, Sora said "But Jay will be disappointed soon, you know that right?"

Knocking my eyebrows together, I gave her a confused look "What do you mean?"

Swallowing hard, she continued "Jay really misses you. After he comes here, your affection towards a new boy will hit him hard, he'll be d-i-s-a-p-p-o-i-n-t-e-d."

Her bottom lip reacted quickly, as she smoothly spelled the adjective. My cheeks hitted up as she said that.
I tried to deny it.

"What affection? Pff stop lying yourself"

"I actually wonder who's the one lying to herself. C'mon Eun Ji, I've known you for years now. You are falling for him" her eyes softened as she said the last sentence.

Biting my lower lip, I gazed at the meat slowly burning on the carrier. The same way my heart was processing inside the structure of mine.

"Am I really falling for him? whispering, I looked at Sora. She understood what I was afraid of. I've never let myself fall for someone again after my traumatic childhood.

Sora took my hand in hers and caressed it "Hey it'll be okay. Maybe it's time for you to forget what happened. Therefore Jimin looks like a good guy."

"They are all the same" I shook my head. A smirk made its way on Sora's face.

"That means he's not gay right?"