Cookout. (Jacob Seed X Reader)

(Requested By)
xXDarkLostSoulXx

"Elinor, could you go find Daddy and tell him that Momma needs to talk to him." I said kneeling down to my daughter. She smiled cheerfully and nodded her head i gave her a kiss on her forehead before she skipped away to find Jacob. I stood up and looked in the mirror and moved a piece of my hair behind my ear. "Are you almost ready yet (Y/n)?" Jacob said as he approached me. I turned around and put a hand on my hip. "Jacob. I have been ready for the last thirty minutes. Where have you been?" Jacob sighed. "I was upstairs cleaning my boots. I figured that it would take longer for you to get ready." I laughed. "Jacob it's just a cookout with your family, you didn't have to clean your boots." Jacob gave a small smile. I could hear Elinor running into the room. "Momma! Can we go yet?" I knelt down to her and moved a red curl from her face. "Of course we can Ellie, Jacob what time is it?" I stood up and grabbed Elinor's hand. "It's almost one thirty. If we go now we'll just be a little early." I handed the car keys to Jacob and we headed out the front door. "Everyone is meeting up at Joseph's place right?" I said while putting Elinor into her car seat and looked at Jacob, he nodded his head yes. "Momma is aunt Faith gonna be there?" Elinor said and grabbed my sleeve. "Yes sweetie, aunt Faith will be there." Ellie smiled and giggled happily. I got into the passenger seat and and closed the door.

~Time Skip~

When we got out of the truck John was the first to greet us. "Hey guys, how's it going?" I gave John a hug and smiled. "We're doing great John." He gave me a gentle squeeze. "It's way too long since we've seen you guys." I pulled away from the hug. "We just saw you a few days ago." I laughed.I felt Elinor tug on my shirt. "Honey, don't you wanna say hi to Uncle John?" Elinor looked down shyly and nodded her head. John knelt down to her. "Hey Ellie, how are you." John said in a calm tone. Elinor looked up at him and smiled. "I'm doing good..." John smiled. "Well that's great. Can I get a hug now?" John said and held his arms out to her. Elinor wrapped her arms around John and giggled. I felt Jacob put his arm around my shoulder. "I think she gets her shyness from you.." Jacob said into my ear. I laughed and smacked his arm. I looked over at the house and saw Joseph waving us over. "Come on Ellie, let's go see your other Uncle and Aunt." Jacob said and picked Elinor up.
"Hey Jacob, could you help me get the grill set up?" Joseph said. "Yeah, where is it?" Jacob said putting Elinor down. I grabbed Elinor's hand. Hey Joseph, where's Faith?" I called out to my brother in law. Joseph looked over at me. "she should be in the house." I nodded. "Come on sweetie, let's go find Faith." We went into the house and saw Faith in the kitchen preparing some sort of side dish.
"Aunt Faith!" Elinor shouted joyfully. Faith turned around and get eyes lit up. "Ellie! How are you honey?" Faith said as she knelt down. Elinor practically jumped into her arms and giggled happily. Faith stood up and gave me a hug. "Do you need any help with the food?" Faith sighed in relief. "Yes, please. Josep-  I mean The Father, he gave me this recipe, but I can't hardly read his handwriting." She said stressed. I knelt down to Elinor. "Ellie, how about you go see if Daddy needs help." Elinor smiled and nodded her head. "Okay Momma!" She skipped out of the room. I stood back up and put my hand on Faith's shoulder. "Faith. When it's just us together, you can call him Joseph..." Faith looked down. "I know...it's just feels like he can hear us when he's not even in the room." I sighed and placed a hand on her cheek. "Faith don't worry. He's a good man. If you slip up and call him by his name, he's not gonna exile you." I said, finishing the sentence with a laugh. Faith sighed once more and looked up at me. "You're right..." I have her another hug and pulled away. "Now. Let's see this recipe."

~Time Skip~

"Okay everyone! It's ready." Joseph called out as Faith and I walked out of the house. "Jacob, help me lay out this sheet so we can sit on it." I said and handed one end of the sheet to him.
We layed out the sheet and everyone sat down with a there plate and had our meal.
I propped myself up on my elbows watched Jacob as he ran around the yard as he played with Elinor. "She looks so much like you (Y/n)." Joseph said with a laugh. I looked over at him. "You really think so? I always thought she looked more like Jacob, especially with her hair being red like his." I said with a smile. "I've been meaning to give this to you..." Joseph said and held out a necklace with a key attached to it. I smiled and grabbed it from him. "I figured that both Jacob and you should have one just in case." Joseph said with a smile. I slipped the necklace around my neck. "Thank you Joseph, That's really nice of you..." I said looking down at the key. I looked back over at Jacob and admired the sunset behind him and our daughter. I watched as he picked Elinor up and swung her over his shoulder and she giggled madly. The walked over to us. I couldn't help but think about how much Jacob has changed since we had Elinor. "Jacob you look so tired." I said with a laugh. Jacob sat down on the sheet and placed Elinor next to him. "Yeah, I'm sure I do." Jacob said trying to catch his breath. Elinor layed her head on Jacobs lap and yawned. "Are you tired honey?" I said, giving Elinor a poke on her nose. She laughed and nodded. "Yeah...but just a little." I smiled and looked over at John. "John, could you check your watch and give me the time?" John looked down at his watch. "It's about seven forty." I nodded my head. "Thanks John." I looked up at Jacob. "Should we start going home now?" Jacob looked down at Elinor as she was falling asleep on him. "Yeah, probably..." Jacob said. We stood up and began giving all of them hugs. We walked to the truck and I put Elinor in her car seat. We waved goodbye to them and went on our way.
I looked in the back seat as Jacob parked the truck. "Jacob, look at her." Elinor was fast asleep. We quietly got out of the truck and Jacob carried Elinor to her bed. I gave her a kiss on her forehead and tucked her in. "Goodnight sweetie..." I whispered as I closed the door and we walked to our room. I changed into my pajamas and crawled into bed and hooked a leg around Jacobs as I layed my head on his chest. I felt Jacob run a hand through my hair. I looked up at him. "Did you have a good day?" Jacob looked down at me. "Yeah, did you?" I nodded my head. "I had a lot of fun...it was nice seeing your family." Jacob looked up at the ceiling. "When did Joseph give you that key?" I looked down remembering the key around my neck. "Hey have it to me while you were playing with Elinor..." Jacob sighed. "I just hope that we never actually need to use the bunker." I layed my head back on his chest. "Yeah, I hope we don't need it either..." Jacob gave me a kiss and turned the side table lamp off. Jacob kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me. I moved my head closer to him and kissed his shoulder and slowly drifted off to sleep.

The End.