I Have To Tell You Something (Jacob with Daughter reader)

(Requests by)

CuriousDelirious

"Again?" I whispered, looking at the phone number that had been trying to call me for the past few days.
You know what? Fuck it, I'm gonna answer this time
I thought to myself before holding it up to my ear.
"Who the hell is this?" I asked.
"(Y/n), is that really how you should talk to your Father?" A low gruff voice said from the other line.

I dropped down to the nearest seat in my apartment. It has been nearly six years since I've seen my Dad.
"How did you get my number?"
I asked, my voice growing quiet.
"Your uncle helped me do some digging and found it."
He lightly laughed. I just sat there for a few minutes holding the phone to my ear and the call grew quiet.
He cleared his throat.

"Well I've been thinking about you lately and was wondering if maybe you'd like to come over sometime...
Maybe this weekend?" He suggested.
He had a tone in his voice I hadn't heard before...
After a moment I took a long deep breath. "Well... In spite the years of silence, why not?" I shrugged.
I could hear a sigh of relief from the other end. "What time should I be there?" I asked.
"Whenever you want is fine with me."
He said. "Okay, see you then." I said before hanging up. I dropped the phone onto the cushion next to me and looked up at the ceiling.
"What the hell just happened?"
I whispered.

- Friday -

I sat in my car, looking at the small home.
"I can just turn around and go back home right now, I'll just call him and say that I got sick and couldn't make it over."
I leaned my head against the steering wheel. "Come on (Y/n)... he's your Dad and he's the one that reached out for once... " I sighed, wonder why I had to be so right about that.

I grabbed my weekend bag and got out of the car.
I began making my way towards the white door, slowly I noticed how nervous I was feeling about the whole situation. I reached up to knock but the door opened up before I could.
And there he was, the man I had chose to avoid for that past years.
He smiled brightly. "Hey, kid." He said.
My hand fell down to my side, I had no idea he could even move his face like that. "Hey, Dad." I said quietly.
He laughed. "Well come on in,
I wanna show you the room I put together for you." He motioned for me to come in.

-

"So, for dinner I was thinking about just ordering pizza and watch a movie." Dad said, leaning on the door way from the kitchen into the living room.
"Or is your fridge just empty?"
I laughed. He pointed at me and cracked a smile.
"I will neither confirm nor deny that."
He lightly laughed.
I stood up.

"Could we get a cheese pizza?"
I asked. He titled his head.
"But pepperoni is your favorite?"
He said.
"I uh... I've been having stomach issues with uh, grease." I said, trying to play cool. He nodded his head.
"Yeah, I get that... I can get one cheese and one pepperoni like when you were little." He said.
I shrugged. "That sounds good. do you want me to make the call?" I asked.
There was a knock at the door.
"I already did." Dad smiled.
I laughed, walking to the door.

- Saturday -

"Morning." I yawned, walking into the kitchen. The smell of black coffee filling the small room. Dad was standing at the stove making scrambled eggs, just like he used to do when I was a kid...
He turned around and waved with the spatula in hand.
"Mornin' " he said. I sat at the small table and moments later he sat a mug in front of me and poured coffee in it.
"You still like coffee, right?" He asked.
I yawned again and nodded. "Yep, always have and I always will."