Average (Jacob Seed X Reader)

(Requested By)
TheVulgarSpecialist

(Just to make things clear.
This one shot isn't bassed off
the trials in the game.)

I was running through the woods. I knew that Jacob sent people after me, but I didn't know how far behind they were from me. I suddenly screamed out in pain, I looked down and saw a arrow in my thigh. I fell backwards on the ground and little lights began to appear around me. The last thing I saw was a man with a bow and arrow standing above me and everything went black.

***

I woke up in that damn cage again.
Jacob was in a chair right outside of the cage, he was speaking to me but I wasn't paying attention. I reached down and felt that my thigh was bandaged. "That arrow was pretty deep. It bled real good..but hopefully that won't effect your trial..." He said.
I looked over at him still slightly dizzy from the bliss.

I got on my knees and grabbed onto the bars. I pressed my face close to the bars. "It won't effect me...but I also think that it's stupid that you're making me do these little
'Trials' for you. It doesn't do what you think it does..." I said.
Jacob moved closer. I could slightly feel his breath on my face.
"Oh, but you're wrong. It's making you stronger, and I can see that."
He said.

I let out a laugh. "Well thanks...I was just going to say that all it's doing for me is ruin a perfectly good song..."
I said. Jacob gave a half smile and sat back in his chair. I watched him as he reached for a little table sat next to him. Be proceeded to pick up the little music box. He leaned forward slightly and looked into my eyes.

"Well...if it's a perfectly good song, why don't we take a listen?..."
He said. He held the box in his lap and began to turn the key. He opened the top

"Only you..."

I started to shake as my vision began to turn red as the music filled my ears. I fell to the ground, the last thing I saw was Jacob smirking down at me.

I opened my eyes and I was standing in front of a table. I reached down and picked up a gun sitting on the table. I raised my hand and shot two men in front of me. All I could feel was a blind anger. I ran to a doorway on my left. I dropped the gun in my hand and picked up a new one.

I turned to the right and shot two men. I continued through a doorway and grabbed onto a ledge and jumped up, I reached forward and broke a man's neck. I jumped down and proceed further. I grabbed another gun and continued.

"Good, cull the heard." I heard Jacob say. I looked down a hallway and saw a wolf run past. I ran through but didn't see where it went, I turned to the left and shot someone in the stomach. I ran forward.
'shit, dead end...' I thought to myself. I turned around and got punched in the face.

I looked at the person who did it and screamed out in anger. I pushed them down and shot him in the head and moved on. I took a right and a man began to run at me. I dodged the man and shot him. I grabbed a machine gun and kept running. I could see a metal fence and a fountain. I shot two men on my left and right.

I ran through two large doors. And found a gun sitting there. I picked it up and walked through another set of doors, and saw two different flights of stairs. I shot a man on the left and jumped up, I turned to the right and took another one down. I jumped into a ledge and broke someone's neck. I jumped down and slid down into another room, dropping the gun in my hand.

I hit some boxes and found another gun. I picked it up and began running again. "MAKE YOUR SACRIFICE!"
a man yelled. I shot him and pushed through. I stood in place and shot each person I could see hiding.
"Well done." I heard Jacob say again.
I found myself in another hallway and saw a few men peaking their heads out of different spots.

I ran forward and shot each of them along the way. "Yes...sacrifice the weak..." Jacob said. I ran through another doorway and took a sharp right. I shot a faceless man and everything began to slow down.
"Perfect..." Jacob complimented.
And everything went black again.

***

When I awoke I found myself once again in the cage. I looked up at the night sky "Shit..." I whispered.
I slowly sat up and looked over.
And once again Jacob was sitting there. "You did good..." He said.
I scoffed and looked up at him.
"Really. Only good?...earlier I thought you had said I did perfect." I replied.

Jacob rolled his eyes. "You were average." He said. I stood up and grabbed the cage bars. "That is absolute bullshit!" I shouted at him.
Jacob raised his hands. "Hey, hey. Don't raise your voice that loud."
He chuckled and stood up. My knuckles turned white as I gripped the bars even harder.

"Average?" I hissed, moving as close to him as I could. "You know that I did way better than that." I said. "Okay, you did pretty good." He said and I tilted my head at him. "Why are you trying to act like you're not impressed?" Jacob slightly squinted his eyes at me.
"Who said that I was acting?" He said.

I pushed myself away from the bars and crossed my arms over my chest. I shook my head and laughed.
"That's real shitty, Jacob..."
I whispered. "Hey, you'll do better next time..." He said. I looked over at him. "Wait? What do you mean 'next time'..." I said confused. Jacob reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys. "What are you doing?" I asked.
Jacob unlocked the cage door.

"What does it look like I'm doing?"
He said. "Uh...like your letting me out. "What if I decided to kill you right now?" I said. Jacob laughed. "You won't kill me." He said. I leaned on the doorway of the cage. I looked him up and down "Why are you letting me go?" I asked. "Well, how else are you gonna do better at your next trial?"
He answered.

"Well you better go. You don't want anyone to catch you. Do you?"
Jacob said. I stepped away from the cage and turned to Jacob. "You're a shit, Jacob Seed..." I looked up at him.
"But I kinda like you." I smirked. I stepped over to him. Jacob looked at me for a moment, I heard a noise come from the Veterans Hospital. I leaned up and kissed his cheek.

Jacob was about to say something but before he could I placed my hands on his shoulders and pushed him back. I smiled over at him before I started to run away. "Sorry Jacob! I gotta go now." I said with a smile.
"Hey! Don't let her get away!" I heard a voice shout. But I could tell that it wasn't Jacob saying it.

The End.