Like a date? (Mary May X Reader)

(Requested By)
penguinboy600

Going around looking for a job isn't all that easy...especially here in
Hope County, I've been almost to every place that would most likely be hiring.

I sat down on the sidewalk and looked at my list of places. "What are you doing?" A voice said from behind me.
"I'm just lookin'for work, but no one seems to want me." I sighed.
The voice behind me laughed and sat down next to me. I looked over to see a lady with blonde hair. I instantly felt my cheeks heat up.

'She's beautiful...' I Thought to myself.

"What's that list you have?" She asked.
"Oh it's just people that don't want me working with them." I laughed.
She grabbed the list and began reading it. I watched her blue eyes as she looked over the piece of paper.
"Hmm...well the problem is that most these places haven't been hiring since I had just turned twenty." She said as she handed the paper back.

I let out a small sigh of frustration.
"Actually I use some help down at the Spread Eagle...if you're interested." She said. I looked over at her surprised. "Really?" I said.
She smiled. "Or course! The work is pretty easy, you just stand around and wait for someone to come in or wait for someone to make a mess and you clean it up."

She stood up and reached a hand down to me. "By the way my name is Mary May." She said. I grabbed her hand and stood up. "I'm (Y/n)."
I smiled. "Well (Y/n), if you follow me I'll take you and show you around."
Mary May said.

***

I've now been working with Mary May for quite some time now, and if she's been right about one thing, it's that the work is easy. But she didn't ever warn me about the nights that it's actually busy at the Spread Eagle. But luckily gonight wasn't one of those."Hey! Where's my refill!" A man shouted at me. I leand on the bar and looked at the man.

"Sir, I already told you that I cut you off." I said. The man had a look that I can only explain as drunken confusion. "What do you mean?"
He asked. "That's means I can't give you anymore alcohol." I stated.
"Well what does that mean?"
He asked again. I rolled my eyes and was about to say something when Mary May walked over.

"Ralph, you do this every time. I already called your daughter to pick you up. You might as well just goand wait outside for her." She said to him. The old man grumbled as he stood up and left the building. I sighed and leaned against the countertop. "Sorry about him. I kinda forgot to warn you about him..." She said.

I shrugged. "It's okay. I should probably expect people to be like that sometimes." I replied. I watched Mary May look at the clock. "It's pretty much closing time, I'll lock the front door. Do you wanna go ahead and wipe down the bar?" She asked.
I nodded my head. "sure thing boss."
I said. Mary May laughed as she locked the door.

Mary May rested her elbows against the bar as I finished up the cleaning.
"Do you wanna go up to the balcony and have a beer with me?" She asked.
I smiled. "Sure, sounds good." I said. I grabbed two beers and followed her to the stairs. "So do you live here?" I asked."Yeah. But I didn't used to, it's all I have left so I just feel safer being here." She answered.

We walked through her room and out onto the balcony. "Have a seat." She said with a smile. I sat down and Handed one of the drinks to her.
"Thanks." She said.
We sat in silence for a few minutes
I could see an old truck pull up in front of the building and a young woman stepped out and helped Ralph get in. A little bit later the truck could be seen driving away.

I've been thinking about asking her out for a while now, but I keep backing out of doing it. I took a deep breath. 'I'm gonna do it...' "Hey, uh are you doing anything tomorrow?" I said and looked over at her. Mary May laughed. "Tomorrow is Sunday. The bar is gonna be closed...so yeah, I'm not doing anything...why?" She said.
I shrugged.

"I don't know...I figured maybe we could do something tomorrow." I said.
Mary May tilted her head. "You mean like a date?" She asked. I nodded my head. "Uh, Yeah...like a date, well only if you want to." I laughed nervously.. Mary May took a drink and slowly nodded her head. "Yeah, why not...but whatever it is, you're paying."

The End.