Welcome To The Family. (Faith Seed X Reader)

(Requested By)
Black_hybrid23

The Project At Eden's Gate has been around for seven years,
my family joined them three years. They begged me to go with them,

but I had no idea how to say no to them so I reassured my mother that I had some things that I needed to do and then I'd join them.

But obviously that was four years ago
And most recently I've found evidence that someone might be following me...but I don't know who.
I've been thinking about an old friend of mine lately.

Her name's Rachel, we grew up together. The two of us had a lot in common, especially with personal problems that we had.

That last time we spoke she told me that she was handing her family's company off to someone, she never told me who though. She disappeared not long after that.

I've done my best to avoid people and ask questions.
So I don't really know what's going on with Eden's Gate.

I was driving around Henbane River and pulled over. When I was living around Falls End I would take a swim in some of the lakes. I figured I could do that here. I undressed down to my underwear and dipped my toes in the water.

I smiled to myself. The coolness of the water felt nice against the Montana heat.

I didn't go very far into the water at first, just swishing my hands in the water. Then I went farther and began to swim,

I dipped my head under the water to get my hair wet. Glittering flecks filled my vision under the water.

A wonderful calm came over me and I didn't want to take my head out. But eventually my lungs strained and I knew I had to resurface.

The air was cool and nice, the calm feeling hadn't left me as I went closer to shore. I heard a noise behind me, like slow music.

I turned and saw a layer of green smoke in a circle on the ground just on the shore. A blonde woman danced within the circle,

swaying her hips and moving her arms in a constant graceful motion. When the woman turned to me I recognized her.

I moved closer to shore before I allowed her name to cross my lips for the first time in years. "Rachel?"

She looked taken aback, slowly stopping her dance. She looked at me with a confused expression.
"(Y-y/n...?)" She said.

"Where have you been? It's been so long." I walked closer to her, now I was out of the water my body felt light. Like I was floating.

Rachel held both of her hands out to me. "Y/n, there's someone I have to introduce you to."

I grabbed her hands and smiled.
"Who is it?" I asked.
Rachel reached and moved a piece of wet hair from my face.

"His name is Joseph...(Y/n) there's a lot of bad things happen here, but he can keep us safe...all of us"

"Well if he's been good to you. I'll be happy to meet him!" I exclaimed.

I looked around a the little lights still flying around us. Rachel looked at me. "First you should probably get dressed."

I looked down, my clothes were still on a rock. I started getting dressed. "How far is Joseph? We can take my car."

"He should be in his church, just a half an hour north from here."
She said.

I pulled my shirt down and fixed my hair. I looked over at Rachel.
"You ready?" I asked.