I Heard A Rumour (Part 1. John X Reader)

(Requested By)
lolieslollipops

I tried my best to listen and pay attention to my father as he was officiating a marriage for a young couple in his flock.
Well I suppose that I should say adopted father. But it's hard to focus on his words when his brother John is looking at me every single chance he gets. I look over at him for a moment and he flashes me his signature grin.
I felt my face heat up and quickly looked away, turning my attention back to my father.

"And by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife.
You may kiss the bride." He smiled at them. Everyone clapped and cheered happily but I couldn't help but feel a little sad. I've always wanted to find love and get married. And so far I've done one of those things but I don't think we could ever get married.

I looked over at John and gave him a half-hearted smile. The newlyweds walked by, breaking my attention from John. I looked in front of me and saw my father motion for me to go meet with him. I stood up and walked to him. He placed his hands on my shoulders and kissed my forehead. "What's wrong Kiddo?" He asked. I shrugged.
"Nothing's wrong... I'm just feeling a little off today." I answered.

He placed a hand on my forehead. "Hmm... You don't feel hot or anything. But you can go home and get some rest if you need to." He reached up and moved a piece of hair out of my face. I looked over and saw that John had left. "Yeah, I'll probably do that..." I said,
looking back at the Father.
He patted me on the back before I walked away. I left the church and let out a heavy sigh. I felt a hand on my arm before I was pulled to the side.
I was about to yell when a hand quickly covered my mouth.
"Hey, hey it's okay." John whispered softly into my ear.

He removed his hand and I sighed in relief. "John, you can't just grab someone like that. Especially when you know that I'm on edge." I said, leaning against the wall. John placed his forearm on the wall above my head and leaned towards me.
"Why are you on edge?" He asked.
I looked up at him. "I guess I'm just worried that we might get caught..."
I said. John placed his free hand on the side of my face.

"You Know what? Who cares if we get caught. I mean it's not like we're cheating on spouses or anything. And everyone is focused on that wedding" He laughed quietly. "I'm more thinking about getting caught by my Father." I said. John winced at the thought. "Yeah, I don't really like the thought of that... But we're careful, I don't see us ever getting caught by him." John leaned closer and kissed me.

"Well I wouldn't call kissing right next to his church 'Being Careful' though."
I laughed, leaning up to kiss him again. The hand on the side of my face slid down to the back of my neck, John pulled me closer to deepen the kiss. I snaked an arm around John's neck and rested my hand on his chest.
I could feel John smirk against my lips as he dragged his down my side and rested it on my waist.

Suddenly we heard the church doors open. We pulled ourselves apart from each other. "Shit." John whispered.
"I'll see you later." I said quietly.
John pecked my lips one last time before I walked away...

(John's POV)

I pulled away from (Y/n) and ran a hand through my hair. "Shit."
I whispered. "I'll see you later." She said. Knowing that she would be leaving in a moment I gave her a quick peck on the lips. "I Love you..."
I murmured. ' I don't think she heard me ' I thought to myself as I watched her walk away. Joseph soon walked around the corner of the church and waved at me.

"Hey brother." Joseph said with a smile. I held my hand up and waved back at him. "Hey..." I said, trying to act casual. "Were you and (Y/n) just talking?" He asked. I nodded my head.
"Yeah, we were... Why?" I questioned.
Joseph shrugged. "No reason. I think it's amazing how much she looks up to you." My brother said, looking over at me. I swallowed a lump that had formed in my throat. "Oh yeah...?"
I said.