Chapter 3 (Unclear Messages)

"Im back " sang Tiffany as she expertly balanced two steaming cups of liquid gold in the palm of her hands

"Im back " sang Tiffany as she expertly balanced two steaming cups of liquid gold in the palm of her hands .
"Coffee . Just like I promised "

"Thanks Tiff . You really know how to cheer me up ." Miranda winked , the warm decadent scent of coffee ticking her nostrils as she inhaled deeper.

"Its what i do best .So, why don't you tell me about your dream."

Miranda shuddered . The grey cloud of despair once more engulfing her as she narrated the entire dream to an open - mouthed Tiffany .

"Woah Randa . I didn't realise that it was this bad. And you actually saw her face !"

Miranda nodded.

"And she spoke to me Tiff. It was terrifying . Utterly horrendous . At first I thought her face was the real nightmare , but it got scarier the moment she opened her mouth . Tiff she was unnatural . Evil . An abomination of nature . I know that she is a fictional creature conjured by my sub -conscious , but I swear to you , she seemed soo real . Soo life like. As if she was designed specifically to torment me. I do admit that i have an overactive imagination that tends to out do itself at times , but I doubt my imagination is capable of being soo imaginative."

Tiffany chewed on her bottom lip  , an action done when thinking as she regarded her best friends words .

"Can you remember what she said to you , Miranda ?"

Miranda chocked out a pitiful laugh.
Could she remember?? Of course she could . It was the only thing she ever thought about . Since she awoke last night , all she did was try to forget . She prayed to forget ,longing for a mysterious dose of temporary amnesia , but alas ,it was of no use. The words of the the haggard woman were forged deep within the recesses of her minds , embedded within each cell and fibre , making it impossible to forget.

"She warned me Tiff. She told me that He is coming for me !"

"He?" Tiffany asked ,her brows knitting in confusion .
"Who on earth is He?"

"That's the problem . I don't know who He is . I tried searching my memory for anything useful . For any symbolic representation of who He might be , but to no avail . My searches turn up blank . Its like searching for a needle in a damn haystack !!" She shouted frustatingly , nearly uprooting the hair on her head .

"Do you think your sub - conscious is trying to send you a message . A warning of some sort ?"

"Ugh. I don't know. Like I said , the woman seemed too real , too vivid. As if she truly existed and was not stiched together by the thread of my imagination . Her words seemed to hold truth ..and my gut seems to support me on this one."

"Wait . So you really believe that she is real and not a manifestation of all those monster marathons you've been watching"

"Honestly , I don't know what to believe . But I do know ,that if my gut feeling is correct , then I am in grave danger ."

Tiffany gulped as she studied Mirandas worried face.

"Relax Miranda. " chided Tiffany . "I'm sure you just getting worked up over nothing . It's probably just your imagination . I mean , you did say that it has a tendency to run off sometimes . So maybe you are overreacting . Look , how about you try and take your mind off things . Maybe find a distraction of some sort ."

"I'll try Tiff , but distractions seem to be in short supply lately ."frowned Miranda . Her face falling In despair.

The office phone rang , effectively filling the carpet of tension that surrounded the air .

"Detective Holmes . How may I help you ?........ What ! Okay , we on our way. " Tiffany answered as she hung up.

"Fancy yourself a distraction Miranda ?" Tiffany asked , suggestively cocking her head to the side.

" Hmm. Well when you put it that way ....how can I say no."

"My point exactly. "

"So what's the damage ?"asked Miranda , as they made their way through the parking lot .

"A man was found dead in his home . Police wants us to investigate ."

"Well then , we better get a move on . Duty calls !"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey my fellow Griffins .

Here's another chappie.  Hope urll like .

Q: What's your favoutite tv program . ( personally I don't really have one )

Love yourll more than vanilla ice cream

~♡Tassy .E~