chapter 12 (The keeper )

A figure sat crouched in the darkness

A figure sat crouched in the darkness . Moans of pain and agony escaping his gagged mouth . Head rolling to the side , he  helplessly tried once more to weaken the chains coiled around his hands .

But it was to no use . His movements were slack and uncoordinated.  His eyes hazy as a result of the numerous drugs being pumped into his system . The cold cement walls dug  into his back , rubbing  against his freshly burnt skin . He howled in pain . His vision blurring as tears swam in his eyes .

His memory was foggy . He remebered walking in an abandoned ally as he wished to take a shortcut . A descision he now regretted immensely . His gut twisted , the hair on his nape prickling as he felt the familiar sensation of one being followed . But on having seen no one behind him , he quickly dismissed that thought , blaming it on tricks played by his mind .

It was late and he was in a hurry to get home . He was almost there and breathed a sigh of relief ,  when out of nowhere , a pair of rough  hands grabbed him , stiffling his cries with a calloused palm.  A piece of material was placed over his mouth and before he knew it , he unwillingly succumbed to the darkness of sleep , awakening in a cold cemented cell . Hands chained and mouth gagged.

He rolled his head to the side , banging it against the wall in an act of frustration . How could he have been so stupid . To think that he could live a normal life . He was given a special task . All he had to do was remain hidden , undetected , yet he failed . How did they find him anyway ?

He was no fool . He knew the reason behind this kidnapping . The only question that repeatedly crossed his mind was ; why was he still alive ? Surely they knew how this worked . You kill a keeper and the map is revealed , unless given willingly ,death was the only other alternative .

He shook his head . Trying to shake of the dizziness that clouded his mind. How drugged up was he ?

"I hope you are comfortable ."a voice echoed across the room . " You are my guest after all. "

'Finally' , the prisioner thought . He was wondering when he would make his grand entrance. 

"I trust you know why you are here ?"
Unable to speak , the prisioner remained silent . Norrowing his eyes at his kidnapper .

"Let me fix that for you . Im sure you have alot to say ."
The man bent down , gently removing the material from his mouth .
"There , much better . I always love conversing with my prey . It makes the whole experience so much more fullfilling , especially when I hear their sweet howls of agony as we slowly torture them.  It's like music to my ears . "

His face filled the prisioners vision , blocking any trace of escape .
"So what would it be my dear keeper ; the easy way or the hard way . Though personally I do prefer the latter option . I always love a reason to kill" .

The prisioner regarded the man . His eyes filled with hatred and anger . Heart beating in his chest as he made a life altering decision .

"Go to hell Rouland !" He spat out . His words laced with venom .

Rouland chuckled.  Canines glinting in the pale light . Shrugging his shoulders he regarded the man once more , allowing his gaze to roam his latest victim. What a waste of potential !

"So be it ."replied Rouland . He turned his back on his prisioner , addressing one of his servants.

"Drug him until he breathes no more . Extract the map from his skin and thereafter dispose of his body ."
The servants nodded . Bowing in respect as their master left .

The prisioner relaxed , mentally preparing himself for what lay ahead . He was not afraid of death .He would accept it willingly , proudly dying a martyr for protecting his home .
He closed his eyes , allowing himself to enjoy his last moments of life .

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hey guys .
Yep it's another chapter .
Hope you likey....😜

Q:What's your fav song .??

Comment .... I love to  hear from yourll.

Make it rain orange stars .  Oh before I forget pllz check out my other book . It's called UNSPOKEN THOUGHTS.   I would really appreciate it .

Mwaahz
~♡TassyE~