Chapter 17 (Unexpected visitors )

Miranda lounged on her leather sofa , in nothing but shorts and an oversized tee. Alternating between movie scouting and shoving handfuls of cheesy chips into her open mouth.  After her frightful 'nightmare' yesterday she decided to take the day off . Her body and mind too exhausted to deal with analysing  dead bodies .

Other than supposedly being chased by a grotesque monster , her Friday night turned out pretty good . Tiffany and her shared a massive pizza and they binged on missed series till late in the night  ,until Tiffany had to go home, as unlike Miranda, she a day of work ahead of her .

Bored , Miranda flipped through channels , trying her level best to prevent her mind from remembering yesterday's nightmare . Call her crazy , but ever since she magically returned home , she began to feel weird . She felt as if she was being watched and sometimes she even saw shadows move in her room . But she blamed it on her paranoia , refusing to perceive it any differently . It wasn't real , if she didn't  believe it was real . One of the lessens she learnt from Peter pan.  It's all about conviction .

Yawning , she decided to have a bath . Making her way to bathroom , she opened the hot water tap , filling her bath with strawberry scented bubbles . Nothing calmed her like a good bubble bath .

Shedding of her clothes and removing the necklace that now contained the topaz jewel  , she sunk into her warm haven . Sighing as the water swirled around her . She closed her eyes , sinking further into her miniture ocean , allowing the water to relax her tense muscles . It was heavenly .

She must have dozed off . Her body now wrinkled worse than he grandma as she abruptly awoke . She shivered . Goosebumps appearing on her exposed skin .  Did she accidentally leave the air conditioner on again ?

Donning her robe and retriving the necklace , she exited the water , making her way to her bedroom, but halted at what she saw .
Oh dear God . Please let this be another nightmare.  Pinching herself , she desperately prayed that this was a dream but was alarmed to discover that she was fully awake this time . 

For there on her bed sat the same cloaked woman from her nightmares. The same woman who warned her about Rouland coming for her .  Petrified,  she hugged her robe tightly . Her body shivering from both fear and cold . Cold that seeemd to be emitted from the woman . How did she even get here ?

The woman finally rested her gaze on Miranda. A smirk forming on her face .

"Finally . Took you long enough . I was beginning to think you would never leave that bath ."
Miranda shuddered . Even her voice was like the old hag's .

"Oh come on now . Don't be such a bore . I was told that redheads have the best personality ."

"What do you want ?" Miranda asked ,surprised at how steady her voice was .

"Well, I was hoping to leave with your head skewered on a stick. Honestly ,  I expected more from you . Maybe more bite . It makes me wonder how he saw you as a threat  . But oh well , i guess we don't always get what we wish for . Now , let's get this over with . I do have matters to attend ."

She hopped of the bed , approaching a wide eyed Miranda .
" Aww Don't worry sweetheart . I'll make this as quick and painless as possible . You won't feel a thing , I promise " winking as a screeching cackle escaped her chest .

She muttered a few incoherent words . Her face raised to the heavens . The ground around Miranda began to shake. Threatening to topple Miranda over . What was  happening ?

A huge crack  tore through the air , exposing a black ocean of darkness . It was like a portal .  Large enough to  house a person . She watched in horror as the woman creeped behind her. Her footsteps as silent as a gentle breeze. She pushed Miranda in the hole . 

The woman mockingly bowed  "After you ."she said as she tauntingly saluted .

Unable to grab anything solid , Miranda fell through the hole . Shrill screams  escaping her open mouth as memories of falling into the jewel flooded her senses .
Remembering the necklace , she frantically put it on . Thank God she remebered to take it .

The fall was tortourously slow . This must be how Alice felt as she fell down the rabbit hole , except her  rabbit hole was fictional and was  not a very real  crack that was ripped through the air . 

Her tummy churned in anxiety . There was no sign of the woman . And somehow , not seeing her made Miranda more anxious. She did not know where she would end up . And to think that All she wished was for a peaceful , relaxing day with no hidden surprises.  Yet here she was , falling through a dark hole,  with no knowledge of her whereabouts. 
Maybe the woman was right : we dont always get what we wish for .

A light appeared beneath Miranda , distracting her from her  thoughts .  Finally! Just what she needed. A light at the end of this tunnel .

Icy air nipped at her skin as she dropped to the ground below  . A bed of white broke her fall. Cushioning her behind . It was soft , yet cold to the touch .
Her eyebrows knit together in surprise . Snow ? She was lying on a vast bed of snow.  Where exactly was she ? And more importantly, was she still on planet Earth ?

"Wow . You must be lighter than I expected , if it took you that long to fall ."

The woman's voice whisked Miranda out of her thoughts.  She stood a few metres ahead of her.  Tendrils of coarse , grey hair peeking out from the egde of her frayed , patched hood. 

"Where am I ?" Miranda asked .

"That my dear is of no importance . What is important however is your skills of combat . For now we duel . "

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
Hey guys .
Sorry for late update

Hope u enjoyed

~♡TassyE~