Chapter 9 (The Equinox)

"Here goes nothing

"Here goes nothing ."mumbled Miranda as she opened the huge ,mahogany doors of the Equinox .

She hesitantly stepped over the threshhold and bravely peered into the unknown.

"Woah!" That was literally the first word that escaped Miranda's  open mouth as she took in the world that stood before her. She stood paralysed in astonishment and awe as she gazed at the massive library .

It was sublime. Exquisite . Simple words could do it no justice .
Miranda sqealed in excitement . Her feet begging her to investigate every shelf and crevice , and thankfully Miranda had no objections.

Her eyes drank in the beauty that lay before her , greedily gulping it like a starved child . Her heart palpitating within her chest . Adrenalin pumping through her veins . This was what she lived for . It was what she craved .

The library stood a whopping 2 storeys high . Endless shelves laden with leather bound books surrounded her . The faint smell of leather and polished wood dusted her nostrils as she inhaled deeper . It's familiarity stirring a whirlwind of emotions and unlocking  memories from her childhood .

As a young child, Miranda adored books. She simply loved spending her days up in the attic , losing herself within the well orchaestred pages of a book as she sipped on a heavenly cup of cocoa.  Reading was her solace. Her cacoon . Her escape from the harsh reality that threatened to drown her .

The soft tinkling of jewels teased her ears and Miranda stared gobsmacked at the ceiling that would put Vincent van Gogh to shame . It was unlike anything she had ever seen . Millions of stars littered the canvas like roof , bathing the entire library in a soft , other wordly glow . 3 massive diamond chandeliers hung suspended in mid air , floating  beneath the twinkling jewel like stars .

A huge spiral staicase dominated the centre , it steps paving the way to the breathtaking ceiling that  hung above her .
Her eyes roamed the vast space  before resting on a small wooden desk , that lay nestled in the corner of the Equinox.

Curiosity piqued Mirandas interest . Her fingers eagerly tracing the scrolls and books that decorated the wooden surface .
A particular book caught her attention and she wiped of the layer of dust that coated it .

The book was titled "A brief history of time ." And before Miranda realised it , the book stood open before her as she lost herself within its ancient depths.

"Long ago , in a world devoid of man's existence , 4 God's ruled : Mathius , Mathew ,Nikolai and Rouland . All 4 God's lives in complete harmony , roaming the heavens above . But boredom soon became their constant companion . They grew tired of their routined lives  and longed to be recognized as the supreme beings they were.

Hence ,man and creatures were crafted into existence , in an effort to sate their thirst for recognition . Seven realms were created  to house these magnificent creatures  and each kingdom was bestowed with a jewel . A reminder of the infinite existence of those that roamed above .

Jewels soo powerful as they contained  a portion of the life essence of the Gods . Each jewel reflecting the power of each kingdom ( the sun , moon , fire , water , air , ice and earth kingdom ).

The gods were worshipped day and night . Satisfaction coursed through their regal veins , and all was well .
However Rouland , the youngest of the brothers , soon grew power - hungry as he alone wished to rule . He wanted to fashion the kingdoms in his view . He craved power and control and secretly plotted the fall of the heavens .

After brutally murdering his father , Rouland stole the jewels , plunging the kingdoms into turmoil and destruction . A golden crown , crafted of the finest metals was weaved and the jewels were placed on it , to be worn by Rouland .

Unfortunately , Roualnds reign was short-lived and he was soon defeated by his brothers . Worrying for the safety of the heavens , Roulands brothers banished him to forever live his life trapped as a mortal .

Stripped of his powers and titel , Roualand vowed to seek his revenge , promising to wreak havoc and destruction in the heavens .

The crown which once adorned Roulands head was destroyed during the battle , causing the jewels to call from the heavens and scatter accorss the 7 realms / kingdoms, leaving no one aware of its location .

It is believed that as the jewels fell , the life essence which existed within it , latched on to the creatures around it , engraving a part of itself within them . These creatures became known as the keepers and they alone posess the knowledge and map to each jewel .

It is said that the maps are invisible and only surface when a keeper dies.

Many people hunted for the jewel and some were found . But problems arose as the jewels were unable to be touched by any mortal .

Griffins were then created and for centuries they worked together with the keepers to locate the jewels . They were special as they alone possesed the power needed to hunt and touch these jewels.

A necklace was moulded for the purpose of storing these jewels . It is known as the Luminous .

Many hunters sacrificed their lives trying to restore the Balance in the 7 kingdoms . However it is believed that only the last descendent of the Mighty Griffins holds the power to restore balance and eliminate the vile Rouland.

Our fate rests in her hands ."

----------------------------------------------------------------
Hey fellow Griffins .

Hope URLL enjoyed .

Comment and make that star orange

Xoxoxo

~♡TassyE~