Chapter 4 (Unusual murders and creepy symbols)

The two detectives arrived at the crime scene and was immediately greeted by Seargent Chang

The two detectives arrived at the crime scene and was immediately greeted by Seargent Chang .

Miranda exited the car. Her anticipation growing with each step . Her crime solving mind already formulating theories as to what might have occured. Miranda loved her job . She loved the surge of satisfaction and fulfillment experienced when solving a case and secretly craved the hunt each case sent her on .

"Seargent Chang . What can you tell us about the body? Tiffany asked .

Miranda smiled , already loving the familiarity that wrapped around her. She glanced at her best friend , a smile etching it's way on her face as she basked in the normalacy that she so desperately missed.

Tiffany wore her ususl expression . Her face composed and serious . Miranda admired this trait of Tiffanys. It was the main reason as to why they worked soo well together . Miranda was the over excited one . Always eager for a new case , ever ready for the next kill , like a lion waiting to pounce . Whreas Tiffany was the cool , calm and collected one . Her face a mask of stone , never revealing her true feelings . They were like 2 sides of a coin . Welded and moulded from the same metal , thereby complemeting each other in every way .

"It seems to be a murder case. The body belongs to a Timothy Marshall - a divorced 39 year old. According to neighbours , Mr Marshall was a quiet neighbour , who kept to himself. He hardly went out , except to attend work and very rarely invited people to his home . We received a phone call from his neighbour , Martha Higgins . She claims she heard a great deal of noise and was alarmed ." Sergeant Chang replied, as they entered the house.

Miranda neared the body , the familiar pangs of anticipation and excitement clawing at her insides.
The house was a mess. Shards of glass littered the floor , creating a carpet of glistening ice. Tables and lamps were toppled over , supposedly having been knocked down in an attempt of resistance.

"Are their any traces of knife or bullet wounds ?"

Searget Chang shook his head . "Negative . The cause of death seems to be suffocation , however the method used Is quite unique in its manner. "

"What do you mean?"inquired Miranda .

"Usually , when we come accross murder cases , wherin suffocation has occured , the murder weapon generally used is a pillow or plastic bag . In this case ,the victim seems to have been suffocated by sand ."

" Sand !?" Miranda and Tiffany simultaneously gasped out .

"Is that even possible? And how did it sand end up in his house.? "

"Its highly likely . Sand can be used for suffocation . If a person is submerged under a great amount of it , it could be thick enough to prevent oxygen from penetrating its airtight layers , thereby depriving a person of oxygen , therefore killing them ."

"That's dreadful ! It's like being buried alive ." Shrieked Miranda .

"Indeed it is . We also found a strange marking on his skull. It's seems to be branded on him , probably imprinted with a hot iron rod ."

Miranda edged closer , analysing the symbol . She had never seen it before , never encountered it in her life , yet the mere sight of it sent a shiver down her spine . Whatever it was , Miranda knew that it was not good and could only lead to destruction .

"And was their any sign of forced entry, Sergeant Chang ?"

"Negative . But their is a trail of sand ,leading from from the door and into the living room , before leading back out the front door. At first we thought that Marshalls shoes were responsible for this trail , but his shoes contained no trace of sand."

Hmm . Interesting .

Miranda crouched near the soil , gently running the particles between her fingertips . It felt soft . Smooth to the touch . As if she was wielding air between her fingers. As she rubbed the feather- light sand between the pads of her fingers ,the sand began to clump together. Forming a more solid shape.

How unusual .thought Miranda .

"Tiffany ,send some of this sand to forensics and have it examined . Sergeant Chang , was there any witnesses who might have seen the attacker?"

"Unfortunately no. " replied Chang .
"He seemed to have appeared and disappeared without a trace . Gone with the wind as some would say , leaving nothing but a dead body and an even deadlier carpet bill."

"Hmm. Randa, it seems like we have alot on our hands . It's best we head back to the compound . Thanks for the information Sergeant Chang."

Miranda nodded . Her eyes glowing in eagerness and curiosity . She was about to exit the house , when something caught her eye .

Miranda watched in amazement and horror as words began to crystallize on the widow that lay before her. She stood ,rooted to the spot . Her eyes fixed on the window , entranced as she read the words that formed before her .

This is just the beginning !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEY fellow Griffins
Here's another chapter .

Q: Whats your favourite food( I love seafood coz I see food and I eat it 😉)

Love yourll more than I love seefood
~♡Tassy .E~