Chapter 5 ( The monster within me )

* image of Preta above 🔝

Rouland chuckled lowly . A soft sound that reverberated off of the cold walls of his study . He sat , seated behind the huge black desk that dominated his study .

It was a cold ,desolate room . Devoid of both warmth and furniture , except for the large desk that occupied the centre of the room. It was empty . Barren . An uncanning resemblance to the man who occupied it .

Rouland sat silently . His dark gaze , penetraing the blanket of darkness that covered his entire study . A deep frown marred his chisseled face . A scowl sculpting his angular features as he surveyed the wreckage that littered his mahogany desk .

It was a mess. Towers of books decorated its polished surface . Some closed , others open , revealing ribbons of words that stretched across its pages . For days now , Rouland had been locked up in the confinements of his study as he searched for any information regarding the luminous . But alas ! All searches were in vain .

He gazed at the wall that stretched before him . His body in the present , but his mind elsewhere , travelling within the confinements of time .

His eyes glowed in the darkness . A mixture of triumph and hatred surging through is bottomless depths . Rouland was a savage . A beast . His hunger for power blinded him . It fueled him to do the unthinkable and now , here he was, reaping the "fruits" of his actions .

After being cursed to a life as a wrteched mortal , Rouland soon grew vengeful and hateful , and this thirst for vengence lead him to make the biggest mistake of his life .

Rouland conducted an experiment , fusing the blood of a Preta with his own . Rouland believed that this deadly combination will serve as the means to unlimited power and control ..but boy was he wrong .

Instead of curing the insatiable hunger that lurked within him , it only amplified it , making him more deadlier than before. It trapped him . Forcing him to live a life of emptiness and isolation , never allowing him the gift of peace of mind .

Rouland became a prisioner to the darkness . Chained to the darkness that existed both within and around him .

His fingers dug deep into the arms of his plush leather chair  . He could feel the monster that lay within him , stir. His canines lenghthed . It's tips dangerously pricking his lower lip , drawing blood as it broke through the tender flesh . The beast was hungry !

Roulands grip on the chair grew stronger. The sound of ripping leather echeoing off the cemented walls as his talons ripped the material to shreds . The restraints that were supposed to cage him , now paled in comparison to the beasts immense strength and Rouland knew that it would only be a matter of time until his next kill.

The canines sunk deeper through his  blood -stained lips as Rouland fought to keep the monster at bay. For years he searched for a cure . For an end to this vile curse and was shocked to find that the only object that held the power to save him , was the object that led to his banishment and his current mortal condition . The Luminous.

A necklace of tiny jeweled trinkets that held enough power to not only cure him of this unholy predicament , but to also give him the power and dominance he craved.

Only a cursed can cure a cursed.

He looked around his darkened study and grimaced . The walls seemed closer now , as If silently closing in on him . It seemed to confine him , to suffocate him . As if holding him capitive wihin it's clutches.

Rouland was tired of being a prisioner. He was tired of being burdened by the baggage of his past , the stress of the present and the worries of the future . He needed an escape. A release . Something to distract him . Something to help him forget his pain.

His canines cut even deeper ,the beast making his presence known . The familiar pangs of hunger clawed at his insides , like the scratching of a ferocious caged animal . His mouth began to salivate as he recalled the mouth watering taste of human flesh .  His eyes closed in pleasure as he imagined the warmth that flooded through him , as the blood trickled down his throat .

A small , sadistic smile etched its way on his face as he tore through the restraints that held him captive .

'Time to feed the beast .'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys .
Another chapter but from Roulands POV.
Hope urll enjoyed it.
So what do urll think of Rouland ? Is he scary enough ?

Q:who is your fav monster . ( I like dracula)

Will love to hear from urll . So plzz comment and make that star orange .

Thanks for reading .

Love yourll more than I love vamps

~♡Tassy. E~