Chapter 19 (Her rescuer)

This chappie is dedicated to Thanweer (p

This chappie is dedicated to Thanweer (p.s. thanx 4 all da supprt)

Miranda felt herself being lifted . Her body encased in an iron grasp as she gently rocked to gentle movements. 
Feather light touches caressed her face . Soft words desperately coaxing her awake . Firm fingers gently shaking her , forcing her to awaken from this darkness.

Is this what death felt like ? If it was then she probably shouldn't have stressed over it . Honestly , there was nothing much to it . Just a dark  , endless abyss.

She heard the voice once more . It was angelic , holding undertones on desperation , yearning and love ?

Miranda tried to pry her eyes open.  A part of her begged to be set free,  to escape the clutches of darkness and embrace the warmth of light and sunshine,  yet a part of her was content with lying there,  succumbing to the black pools of oblivion.  The weight of being a Griffin hung over her like a dark ominous cloud threatening to burst.

  Her life had become a pain,  a burden.  The thought of death trailing close behind, lurķing in the shadows, had her cowering in fear.  Miranda was tired of running. Tired of witnessing monsters that should belong in nightmares.  She was tired of compromising her life as if it had no value.  Yet, the pleas of the angelic voice had her requestioning  her previous thoughts. 

She longed to hear this voice once more.  To bathe in its purity.  To soak it up like a sponge,  allowing it to linger in her mind.  She fought to awaken, wanting to connect this melodious voice to its owner.  She tried but failed.  Her eyelids were sealed shut.  Barricaded by an invisible barrier, making it impossible to open.  Miranda concentrated, channeling all her power into the act of opening her eyes, to see beyond the darkness that held her captive.  She willed herself to continue, the angelic voice serving as a motivator as she pursued. 

Miranda felt a spark.  A tingle erupted in her tummy, bathing her body in warmth.  It spread throughout her body, warming her frozen organs, bringing life to her dead cells before collecting at the centre of her chest.  Adrenalin coursed  through Miranda veins.  Her mind fuzzy as the tingles grew, sweeping over her, threatening to explode.  The tingle expanded. Unable to be housed within her body it exploded.

  It ripped through her like shards of glass.  Slicing through her flesh.  Miranda's eyes snapped open.  Her mouth agape,  puffs of air escaping as she shrieked.  Her body tingled.  Bolts of currents slithered through her like a snake in a river.  Her heat beat thrummed in her ears, drowning out the sound of the outside world.  The scent of spicy cinnamon grew potent, enveloping her in a blanket. It invaded her senses,  calming her racing thoughts as she breathed in deeper, allowing the scent to engulf her.

She blinked, adjusting to the light as she gazed into the eyes of an angel.  Her breath shallowed, her eyes fixated on his as she stared.  She drowned in his endless pools. The world around her fading as she felt her self sink further.  They stayed like this for a while.  Neither moving nor breathing. Too afraid of bursting the bubble that surrounded them. 

Snap out of it randa.  Find out where you are. !

Miranda blinked. Reality hit her like a storm.  She shifted uncomfortably,  creating distance between her and her  "rescuer".

" Umm. Hi " Miranda said awkwardly in an attempt to ease the tension that wrapped between them.

"Who are you and where exactly am I" she asked as she frantically searched her surroundings, looking for  familiatity but her heart sank as she realised that this was not a dream and neither was this her home . Her  thoughts went back to the woman . That meant that she really did  kill her ! Bile rose in the back of her throat as she forced it down . How was she to live with  herself?  She was a killer ! A monster! 

The man shifted, seeming to snap out of his daze as he answered.

"Of course. Pardon my ill manners .  My name is  Nathaniel  and you must be Miranda. "

  He held out his hand, a smile playing on his lips. 
Miranda paled.  How does he know my name??.
She hesitantly shook his hand,  regretting it as soon as her fingers brushed his. 
An electric current shot through her fingers, causing a delicious shiver to race down her spine.  She was sure he felt it too as he quickly retreated his hand

"H-how do you know my name? "

Nathaniel ruffled his hair . A small smile playing on his lips .

"Sweet little Miranda.  I know everything about you.  I have to.  It is my purpose.  After all,  I am your seeker!. "

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

And Bam !!
Here's another chapter guys .

Hope u enjoyed.

Q: wats ur favourite fairytale ??

Comment . Vote .

I love hearing from urll . It makes my day .  Mwaahz

~♡TassyE~