25- Parties and More

After trying to close the portal, Thor lands down where Clint, Natasha, Skyler, Cassidy and Steve are standing. They're all exhausted.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve paints, out of breath and energy.

"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable." Thor answers, in need to catch up breath too.

'Thor is right, we gotta deal with these guys.' Tony states over the earpiece, clearly not even tired a little.

"How do we do this?" Natasha asks to no one in general, but her voice is a mix of exhaustion and desperation.

"As a team." Steve states patriotically, making Skyler roll her eyes.

"I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor says in a demanding way, as he seems to have recovered his energy. Clint huffs, chuckling a little.

"Yeah, get in line, dude." He tells him darkly.

"Evidently there'll be a line?" Skyler sarcastically adds, one eyebrow raised. If anyone has unfinished business with Loki, it's her.

"Save it," Steve starts irritated, "Loki's gonna keep this fight focussed on us, and that's what we need. Without him, these things will run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us..." Steve's speech is interrupted by the sound of an old engine. The entire team looks around, facing Banner, who actually looks terrible.

"Well, this all seems horrible." He says, pulling his hands out of his pockets. 

"I've seen worse." Natasha shrugs. Banner gives her a look of compassion.

"Sorry." He tells her apologetic.

"Oh no, we could use a little worse right now." She says with a grin. Banner nods and looks at Steve.

"Stark? We got him..." 

'Banner?

"Just like you said." Steve tells him.

'Tell him to suit-up. I'm bringing the party to you.' The Iron Man appears, followed by a huge Leviathan. Tony dives to the ground, the creature following him. The rest of the Avengers stand still, getting ready. Physically and mentally.

"I don't see how that's a party." Natasha whispers confused.

"Now I see it this way," Skyler mentions, "it actually looks like some mix between gigantic worm and an eel, fascinating." The entire team turns their heads to her, their face saying: 'REALLY?' Steve turns back to Bruce.

"Doctor Banner, now is a really good time to get angry." Is his advice. Bruce turns around, smirking at the team.

"That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry." Then, Bruce Banner starts to swell up and turn green. The Hulk has come out. In less than 30 seconds, the Leviathan in front of the team, is killed.

"Remind me, why weren't we actively searching for him, the last few hours?" Cassidy comments, amazed. But it is lost, for more Chitauri warriors and Leviathans are coming from the portal. All of the heroes unite under the portal. 

"Guys..." Natasha says wide eyed.

"Call it, Cap." Skyler tells Steve, her face getting paler. Steve gets in his element.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash." He orders. Clint looks at Tony's Iron Man.

"Wanna give me a lift?" He asks, grinning. Skyler can almost feel how Tony smirks like a maniac in that suit right now.

"Better clench up, Legolas." Tony says as they fly away. 

"NO, Stark, keep your metal hands off Lord of The Rings!" Skyler shouts after him, laughing at his nickname for Clint. She looks back to Steve, who continues to give orders. He looks at Thor.

"Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light those bastards up." Thor nods and flies up to the Empire State Building. Steve turns to Natasha and Cassidy.

"You two and I, we stare here on the ground, keep the fighting here." Then, he finally turns to Skyler.

"Sky, you take care of Loki, he has a soft spot for you, keep him occupied and if you see the change, kill as much of those things as you can." Skyler nods, and Steve turns to the Hulk.

"And Hulk, SMASH!"

_____________

I know, I'm not really good at these scenes. But it'll get better, eventually. It's just... I know what's going to happen after this.. and my mind is actually already busy with Book 2. Fantasising all things and stuff. 

One question: Do you ship Skyler with someone already? Because, I do. I ship Skyler with two totally different people atm. I'll see what I'm going to do with it. Anywaaays... 

Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote. (I completely understand if you don't read the notes at the end, I skip them too, most times.)

- see you later, my friends 

-x