44. THE RETURN

we returned to the large open room where the case will be set and done with.

Everyone had a strong facing argument. Before I had came here to watch a random case and see how it was done. It was about a stolen broken car. Way different to my situation.

We sat back at the two front facing desks awaiting the judge.

She came in through a back door and made her way back to the podium

"case continued"

" alright, we will now have the main character for this sinario. Miss Darcy Styles"

Then in came a smiling lady who took my darling daughter up to the old varnished podium I and Harry were once at.

"hi their Darcy, I want you to answer the questions I am going to ask you. And you can't lie or you will get in trouble." the judge said nicely trying not to frighten the girl.

Darcy just nodded and gave a small smile

"okay Darcy. We're here to talk about what happened with your daddy and meany Mandy"

Darcy giggled at that making me smile

"what did you think of Harry when you first met him?" judge asked

"mummy gave me pictures of men and she said that one was my daddy"

"did you know who your daddy was when you saw the pictures?"

"the other boys didn't look like me and daddy looked fun and looked a lot like me" she smiled

When she smiled my heart opens and releases small clear white butterflies. A sensation every mother should cherish.

" when you first met daddy what happened"

"he left me and mummy at beach and I got sick"

"oh, that's not good, we want you to be healthy don't we." Darcy smiled

"was daddy ever mean to you"

"he left me for meany mandy" she got quiet

" okay Darcy, how much to you love daddy out of 10" the judged showed 10 fingers

"ummmm 8"

"why 8?"

"because mummy always told me when I was little,

'people in the world will be tough but you've got to be tougher. But you have to be tougher to forgive them.'

...... She also told me that 'if a boy steals or breaks your heart - bite his hand off!!"

she shouted

Making everyone giggle and laugh quietly.

'I whispered to myself "that's my girl"

" i would too. What do you like about daddy"

"he is funny and he has a HUGE smile"

"good. How much do you like mummy out of ten"

"ummmm 10"

"why ten"

"because she's my mummy and I love her" awwwwww I am so close to crying right now

"Okay Darcy, do you ever hope that one day you would have both, your mummy and your daddy"

"I just want a big happy family....and a unicorn."

"one last thing Darcy. Would you rather have mummy or daddy"

"I love mummy to a bazzilion gillion pieces!! Mummy has been with me for a long long time. But I would like daddy to do so too. But I would want mummy."

"thank you very much Darcy! You've been a star! Go follow Megan over there to go play"

Darcy waved to everyone and skipped away

"thank you everyone, please remain seated while me and the judges decide decisions "

Yeesh, how hard is it to get a simple answer over here. Jeez !