Thirteen.

13 months had passed. Harry and I never reconciled or even spoke to one another, and Louis and I never addressed what he had accidentally said. Harry sent me a kind text message with his condolences after Louis told him about Zayn, but he didn't come to the funeral, and we never talked in person.

Which is okay, I did break up with him, after all...

I dated a guy named Taylor for a few months but we mutually decided it wasn't going to work out. My god, the sex was great though.

Speaking of sex, I couldn't seem to get enough of it these days. Almost every week I was going home with a different guy, and I almost feel bad for how I had judged Louis for it last year.

Sex is great. It's honestly even better knowing they won't break your fucking heart or leave you to rot in your own crippling depression.

These last 13 months have certainly turned me into a beautiful ray of sunshine, haven't they? *insert smiley face*

And speaking of Louis, he's seeing Shawn again and is happier than I've seen him in a long time. They're really a great couple.

And then there's Kira, with a big fat diamond ring on her finger. I know what you're all thinking, awwww Liam proposed!

Fuck no.

He cheated on her, a lot.

To be honest, I'm about 56% sure we had a quickie in the bathroom one night when I was very wasted. Either way, he was not a keeper and she met an Italian exchange student Stephon with a very fat checkbook and a miraculous trust fund.

Lets just say her life's going a lot smoother than mine at the moment...

****

"You, look familiar," I slurred, trying to put my finger on who I was looking at as I sipped my drink.

"Ahah!" I snapped. "Ty,"

He laughed lightly. "Yeah, I took a year off after graduating and just started going here this year,"

"I'm sorry I couldn't remember you, I'm kinda drunk," I shook my head with a giggle.

"It's alright, to be honest, I can't quite put my finger on what your name is... it's been a while," he winced.

"Teagan,"

"Ahh, yes. Teagan," he winked.

"You know, you're actually pretty cute," I giggled, downing another shot.

"And you're fine as hell,"

I looked between his eyes and lips for a few moments before leaning in and pressing mine against his.

"Lets go to my dorm," I whispered.

And that's how my night went. Mediocre drunken sex before I snuck off in the middle of the night and crashed in a random bathroom with my face inches from the toilet where I could easily puke.

This pretty much sums up the last 13 months of my life.

                                                                                       ++++++++

"So I was like really drunk, but I think I fucked Ty from summer camp two years ago," I stated.

"Really?" Louis asked with a chuckle.

"I mean, it was good. Not great, but not awful. I think? God I was fucked up," I laughed.

"You bashed the hell out of me last year for sleeping with too many people, see what I mean now about it being somewhat addicting ?"

"Yes! I can't see myself ever going back to a relationship. They're so constricting,"

"Eh, you were kinda right though, what you said last year. It feels fantastic in the moment but after a while it just sort of drains you , yknow? Like right now I'm very happy being with one person. If me and Shawn do breakup, will I go to my old ways and will it feel good as hell? Yeah probably. But that's not something I can do forever, you need breaks from it where you're more grounded," he explained.

"Yeah yeah. Just let me enjoy myself man! My last two relationships were pretty rough. With Harry it was all emotional and no sexual, and with Taylor it was so sexual and no emotional. I need to find that balance with somebody when I'm ready for another relationship, but for now I'm just not looking," I ended with a shoulder shrug.

"That's fair enough,"

I thought for a moment. "Yknow that's the first time I've thought about Harry in a really long time. I wonder how he is anyway? Do you keep in touch at all?" I asked. I knew if Louis did he wouldn't discuss it with me since we had broken up so it was an unknown.

"I'm 100% team Teagan so I'm not like best friends with the guy, but we do talk occasionally," he said.

"Okay,"

"Okay?" He questioned.

"How is he?" I asked, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible, looking down at my nails as I asked the question.

"Do you actually want to know Tea?"

"Yeah, it's been a really long time, Louis. Sure it was really fucking hard for me when we first broke up, and even just 5 or 6 months ago I probably couldn't take talking about him but I'm good now, really. Is he doing okay?" I asked.

"Well he's um,"

"Please tell me he got over it when I broke up with him, he's not still hurting over that is he?" I asked.

I would feel awful if he still felt bad over what I did to him.

"No, well,"

"Okay well that's good," I said.

"Teagan, he's engaged."

My whole body froze in that moment.

And all I could think to say was "oh,"

__________

July 12. 2018
I had a few different chapters written out for what came after the car accident, and ultimately this is the path I wanted to go with. I couldn't take writing out the emotional grief of both her breakup and Zayns death and all of that so I decided to do a large time jump. 

Thoughts ?

Over 72k reads on church boy!! Freakin amazing! Ily all.

Xx