Thirty Two.

"So, how was church?" Louis asks with an eyebrow raise once I'm back in our apartment after Harry dropped me off.

"It was good, actually," I admit, but he doesn't seem to really believe that.

"Ah, cmon, really? Church? You? Enjoying church?" He teases, and I roll my eyes.

"Yes, Louis."

"Was it church or the boy you were at church with?" He snickers and I shake my head with a chuckle.

"A little bit of both I suppose," I said.

"Mhmm," He mocks, and I go sit by him on the couch.

I bite my lip, and he immediately points to me.
"The lip bite! Something juicy happened," he states.

I immediately stop the action and groan, "you know me way too well, Tomlinson."

"I just know that lip bite. Did you guys fuck at church?!" He screeches.

"What? No!"

"Oh."

"We kissed, that's it. And it was afterwards, not during." I said.

"Wow. I can't believe it's actually happening," Louis says, fanning himself sarcastically.

"What's happening?"

"You two. Being a thing again," he says.

I sigh.

"Oh shit, you aren't gonna break things off again are you?" He questions.

"No, no. It's just-"

"What?"

"I really like him, Louis. And I know it's only been a few weeks since we started seeing each other again, but the feelings are still there. I guess they never really went away. I feel like I'm 18 again," I admit.

"How's that?" He asks.

"I don't know, it's just the way I feel, like just being in the same room as him is so intense that it almost scares me. I feel a million butterflies in my stomach just being near him," I explain.

"Yeah, I know what that feels like," Louis murmurs, looking down at his hands. I can sense a sudden sadness present in him and I frown.

"You still miss him, don't you?" I ask.

He slowly nods, "yeah, yeah I do."

"You know it's never too late, Louis. You can always reach out... I wish I knew why things ended between you two," I said, putting an arm around his shoulder.

I never really knew why him and Shawn broke up. It was like one day things were fine and the next thing I knew his stuff was all packed up and he was just gone.

I still considered Shawn to be Payton's other godparent, but he never responded to any of the calls or messages I sent him, so after a while I just stopped.

Louis shrugs, "it doesn't even matter. It's just complicated."

"Okay," I said. "We don't have to talk about it."

                          •••••••••

After that conversation with Louis, I decided I was going to reach out to Harry and see if Louis had ever talked about it with him. Maybe he didn't want to talk about his relationship stuff with me because I'm not 'one of the guys.'

I send him a text,

Teagan: Hey, I need to ask you something.

Harry: ok. Is this serious? Should I be worried?¿

Teagan: It is kinda serious, but no don't be worried lol.

Harry: alright, I'm prepared lol.

Teagan: care if I call you for this, I don't really want to text this?

Harry: Yeah, go ahead :)

Louis had gone outside for a smoke, so I knew he'd be gone for a good ten minutes or so.

I used the opportunity to give Harry a call, and he picked up on the first ring.

"Hey, thanks for scaring me," he answers with a chuckle.

"Why did that freak you out so much?" I ask, smiling at just the sound of his voice.

"If you text me randomly saying you have something to ask, I don't know, just kind of scares me. What did you have to ask me?" He questions.

"It's about Louis."

"What about him? Is he alright?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, he's fine. It's just about him and Shawn."

"Oh..." Harry says, and I can sense him getting a little nervous when I say that. "What about them?"

I scrunch my eyebrows. "Do you know what happened between them? He never really told me."

"Uh- um-" He stutters.

"Harry cmon, you can tell me if you know. Please?" I ask.

I can hear him sigh into the receiver.

"I don't think I should say anything," he says.

"I don't understand why though? Is it something I can't know or what?" I ask.

"Okay, how's this. Next weekend when we see each other again we can talk about, yeah?"

I sigh, "alright. Guess that's better than not at all."

"I'm sorry, I just don't feel like talking about this over the phone is appropriate," he says.

"I get it."

"You aren't mad at me, are you?" He asks, and I can sense worry in his tone.

"No, of course not. I totally get it, I just care about Louis so much and it hurts that he's still upset over what happened, yknow. But yeah next week we can talk it about," I said.

I hear the front door start to open. "Louis is coming back, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, bye Teagan," he says, and I hang up the call just as Louis enters.

I don't know what had happened between him and Shawn, but I was going to make it a mission to get them back together.

                       _________

AN: as you've probably noticed, I've been pushing out chapters like crazy. For some reason, I feel like in January I just love to write, I don't know why that is haha.

Anyways, tomorrow actually marks THREE YEARS since the release of chapter 1 of Church Boy!

So much has changed for me in the last 3 years, but the one constant was always this story I've been telling to you all that I could always come back to whenever I wanted. Nevertheless, it is coming to a close very soon...

I'm not sure how many more chapters there will be, but I would like to end it by the end of the month or next month. It will be very emotional for me to actually say goodbye to the Harry, Louis, and Teagan I've been writing with since 2016, but all stories must come to an end.

All the love, xx.