Thirty Four.

Teagan

"Because I let you go, and it's the stupidest thing I've ever done."

"Do you really feel that way?" I ask, I can't deny how hard my heart started to beat after hearing that. Just the thought of him actually thinking that was so overwhelming.

He nods. "Yeah, I do. The only other girl I've ever been with turned out to be the total opposite of who I thought she was. With you, it's like I don't have to worry about who you are. You don't lie to me. At least, I hope not," he smiles nervously at the end.

"I don't."

"Good."

"Can I say something?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course," he nods for me to go on.

"The way I feel with you, it isn't really comparable to how I've felt with anyone else. Am I alone on that?"

"No, I get what you mean," he agrees.

"I really like you, Harry," I admit.

He smiles at me gently, cupping the side of my face, he leans in and kisses me softly.

After a moment he pulls away, whispering, "I like you too."

                          ••••••••••

The weekend passed quickly and it was now Wednesday. I had just gotten off work and Payton was down for her nap, so I decided now would be a good time to try and get in contact with Shawn.

I hadn't done it yet, because to be quite honest, I was nervous.

But I sucked it up anyways, writing him a long text message.

Teagan: Hi Shawn, It's Teagan in case you've deleted me or something on your phone. I really hope you're doing well. I miss you. You know it isn't just Louis that's Payton's godparent, you are too. I'd love to have you in her life... please, text me back? I want to talk.

I sigh, sending the text and waiting.

About 15 minutes had passed when I actually got a response. Which, to be honest, I was not expecting.

Shawn: Really... you're not mad at me?

Teagan: No, of course I'm not mad at you. You did really hurt me though when you left without saying goodbye :(

Shawn: everything happened so fast. I'm sorry.

Teagan: I don't blame you.

Shawn: really? I thought you'd be really mad at me cuz of how close you and Louis are.

Teagan: I was never mad at you. There was no reason for you to not answer my texts/ calls from before. Can we please meet up and talk sometime?

Shawn: Okay.

Shawn: And can you bring Payton? I miss her a lot.

Teagan: I can do that. What time works for you?

Shawn: you can come to my new apartment, does tomorrow night work? Around 6?

Teagan: That would be great, just text me the address later. See you then

Shawn: see you.

"Ooo texting your lover boy?" Louis teases as he cooks us dinner.

"Shut up," I chuckle.

I guess it was better of him to think I was texting Harry instead of his ex boyfriend.

"How are you and Harry, anyway?" He asks.

"We're good," I smile. "I think just taking the weekends to see each other has been really good."

"That's great, Tea. I'm happy for you guys," Louis says.

"And you mean that?" I ask. "Because if you think this whole thing is a bad idea I want you to tell me."

"I seriously don't. I'm being a hundred percent honest," he swears to me.

"Okay, I believe you," I said, walking up behind him and hugging him. "I love you so much, Lou."

"Aw, love you too," he smiles, squeezing me back for a moment before going back to cooking.

••••••••••

Harry's Pov

I take in a deep breath, my finger lingering only centimeters above the contact name "Sarah."

I have to do this.

You need closure and to forgive all of this.

You want to move on from this. Think of Teagan, you want to be with her.

With that thought in mind, I click the name and nervously wait as it rings.

ring. ring. ring.

"Hello, Harry?"

"Uh- y-yeah," I stutter. God I was so nervous.

"Um, hi?" She says.

"How uh, how are you?"

"I'm good. What is this about, Harry? I don't want to sound rude by that, but what is it?" she asks.

"Sarah, we're still married. I need to see you."

"Harry, I dont know why you'd say that. Yeah we're still legally married but we are never going to get back-"

"That isn't what I meant," I interrupt with a harsh tone.

I don't want her thinking I still actually want to be with her psychotic ass.

"Then what do you mean?"

"We need to talk. About everything. That and I'd really love to speed up this whole divorce process," I say, trying to come off sounding as disinterested as possible.

I want to forgive her, and I definitely want to move on, but that doesn't mean I have to treat her with more kindness than she deserves.

"Oh, okay," she says, seemingly caught off guard with my attitude towards the situation. "When are you free?"

"Any weekday after five," I state.

"Okay. How about tomorrow, 6 o'clock, Josh's cafe?" She asks.

"Sounds good."

I was finally going to put all of this behind me so I can be with the girl I really want.