Twenty Nine.

Teagan

A little under a week passed when I had just gotten off work and gone home and received a call on my phone. I look down and see that it's Harry. We hadn't spoken since I left his house that day.

"Hello," I greet.

"Hey!" He greets back warmly. I instantly smile.

"What's up?" I ask.

"You're not busy right now, are you, I can call back another time," he says.

"Nope, just got off work. You're good," I said.

"Okay, great. I was actually wondering if you wanted to hang out this weekend or something?" He asks.

"Yeah, for sure! Louis should be home tomorrow so I mean we can all hang out and-" I begin before he cuts me off.

"Oh, I uh, I kinda meant just us."

"Oh."

"Sorry this is stupid, I'm sorry. I'm probably bothering you, right?" He says in an embarrassed tone.

"No, no, it's not stupid! I just wasn't expecting this, I guess. No totally, I'd love to see you," I state, making sure he knew I wanted to hang out with him.

I hear him turn away from the phone and whisper a yes to himself and I stifle a laugh at the adorable gesture before he begins to talk to me again.

"I'd love to see you as well. We can go see a movie or something?" He asks.

"Okay, do you know which ones are in right now?"

"I know there's that new comedy with Jennifer Anniston," he says.

"I think I know which one you're talking about," I said, trying to think of the name of it.

"I can't remember what it's called," he says with a small laugh, and I agree that I can't either.

"I'll have to look it up later," I said.

"Okay, well, I'll see you tomorrow then. I'll look up the times for that movie and pick one, sound good?"

"Yep."

"Alright, bye Teagan."

"Bye, Harry."

I hang up, putting my phone on the dresser before doing a little happy dance with myself.

"Your mama's got a date," I say to Payton, who was sitting in her high chair, taking her little pinkie finger and wiggling it.

Tomorrow was Saturday and I would be taking her to Ryan's in the morning so I would have plenty of time to get ready and look all cute and shit.

      ••••••••

"Harry asked you out, like on a date?" Louis asks later that evening as we sit at the dinner table eating Chinese takeout.

I nod. "Yep."

"And you're sure it's a date?" He asks.

"I mean at first when he asked to hangout I said you'd be home tomorrow and we could all chill but then he said he meant just the two of us," I explain.

"Oh, yep, that's a date," Louis agrees, nodding as he takes a bite of rice.

"I told you," I said.

"How do you feel about it?" He asks.

I gulp, "I don't know, nervous, I guess? It's kind of strange I don't know."

"You guys can both get laid atleast," Louis shrugs.

"Oh my god, we are not having sex tomorrow, Jesus Louis," I roll my eyes.

"Sorry, sorry," he puts his hands up. "Didn't mean to offend the celibate beast."

"Ha-ha" I laugh sarcastically, taking a bite of my food.

"But no, for real, this is weird. My two best friends back at it again," he chuckles. "Just like old times."

"It is weird, isn't it? Three years, a baby, and a not-yet-ex wife later," I said with a laugh.

"Oh shit," Louis suddenly mutters.

"What?" I ask.

"Before you get things swinging back with Styles, remember he still has a pending divorce and a possible child on the way."

I don't say anything in response because quite frankly, I couldn't really think of anything to say to that.

"Does that not freak you out a little?" Louis asks.

I shrug, "I don't know, okay. I don't wanna think about any of that, not yet."

I didn't want to think of his other personal matters or even my own. I just wanted to go out tomorrow on an innocent date and forget about everything else. Was that too much to ask?

"You knows he's uh- never mind," Louis says, cutting himself off.

"He's what?" I question.

"I don't know if I should be the one to really tell you, I don't know if he doesn't want you to know or what," he says.

"Okay well whether or not he does, you're fucking telling me now," I stated. "You can't leave me hanging like that."

"I was just gonna talk about his moolah."

"Money?" I question.

"Yeah, moolah," Louis corrects and I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean? Is he in debt or something from the wedding?" I ask.

"Quite the opposite," Louis chuckles.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"When Harry and his wife's divorce is finalized he's gonna be loaded."

"Oh so she's got money money?" I ask.

Louis nods.

"Well that's good for him, I guess. You know Harry doesn't care about that kind of stuff," I state.

Louis shrugs, "just sayin."

                             ••••••

I dab on my last bit of of foundation before clearly looking at myself in the mirror.

I looked hot. I could like... get it.

Which was a rare occasion after having Payton since most days I spent in mommy clothes with no makeup or hairbrush in sight.

Turns out the movie was called "We're the Millers" and Harry was coming to pick me up around 4 for the 5 o'clock showing.

It was currently almost 4 on the dot when Louis comes speed walking into the bathroom.

"Harry's here!" He says.

"Alright, chill out," I laugh nervously.

"Well go on, I got a hot asian coming over after you leave," he says with a wink and I pat him on the shoulder before walking out into the living room.

Harry was sitting on the couch with his arms crossed looking nervous as hell.

He stands up when he sees me and smiles, "hi."