Forty.

Two months Later

Teagans pov

"Louis, Louis get in here!" I screech, pulling out my phone in a hurry.

Louis comes running into the living room with a worried expression, "what- What is it, what's wrong?!" He asks.

I can't stop smiling uncontrollably as I pull up a facetime chat with Ryan.

"Hey, Tea, what's up?" Ryan asks, and I put the camera on his daughter.

"Payton's taking her first steps! Lou can you help her for a second, I want Ryan to see this," I say in awe.

Payton had been rolling around for months now, with just little moments of standing. But this was the first time she had actually started to move her legs and walk while standing up.

Louis grabs onto her little fingers and helps her as I record the moment for her father to see along with me.

Ryan looks at his daughter with love in his eyes at the memorable moment, and I can't help the tears that spring to my own at how proud I was of her taking those first few steps.

"She's growing too fast, this one," Louis states, chuckling as he guides his goddaughter along so she doesn't lose her balance and fall over.

"God, never thought I could be so proud over someone walking," Ryan says in almost disbelief, nothing but pure admiration and love for the child present on his features.
"Thank you so much for showing me that, Tea," he thanks.

I turn the camera around to my own face with a smile, "of course, I would never leave you out on that."

"I swear she was just born yesterday, how is she really ten months already?" He asks.

"I have no idea," I frown. "Soon we'll be planning her first birthday party."

"Don't even talk about it," he sighs.

"And then she'll be in high school and you'll have to fight off the boys," I tease with a chuckle.

"Oh cmon, Tea, now you're just trying to damage me," he says with a groan.

I can't help the laughter that escapes my lips at the thought. It was quite funny how disgruntled he seemed at the thought of his daughter growing up.

"She'll be a looker this one, I mean look at her parents," I tease. "The boys will just go crazy."

"Now I know you're just trying to get a reaction," Ryan shakes his head. "Hey Louis, you'll make sure no assholes try and date Pay when she's older right?"

Louis chuckles, walking a bit closer to the phone before responding, "of course, mate. I already have this shit planned out. You see I'll be like the cool uncle who she confides in but I'm secretly just gonna be makin sure she doesn't get with any assholes."

I roll my eyes with a chuckle, "stop planning these things together, oh my gosh this poor child. She can barely walk and already has her love life being invaded."

"That's a great idea, Louis. I approve," Ryan comments, ignoring my statement.

"Right on mate," Louis winks.

"Okay, okay. I'm gonna let you go now before you and Louis plan anything else diabolical here," I tease, and say my goodbyes to Ryan before hanging up the FaceTime call.

Just as Louis and I were still basking in this memorable moment, I receive a call on my cell.

The name "Harry" lights up the screen, and I answer it with a bit of confusion as to why he was calling me at such an odd time of day.

"Hello?"

I hear a loud breathing come from the other side of he phone.

"Hello, Harry?"

"Tea- oh my god, Teagan," he says, his breathing rushed, almost as if he had just run a marathon.

"Babe, what's wrong? Babe, you're scaring me," I repeat, still just hearing that same loud breathiness from his side of the call.

"It's Sarah, she just went into labor."

"Wait, what? Really?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm freaking out here. This is like four weeks earlier than she was supposed to. Tea, I'm flipping out here-" he says, and I can hear him practically hyperventilating.

"Okay. Harry, calm down, okay. Just calm down. Are you driving there?"

"Not yet- no. No I just got the call from her parents. I don't know if I can drive honestly, I feel like I'm having a panic attack or something," he wheezes.

"Okay, okay, just calm down, alright? Louis is gonna come over and he's gonna drive you there, okay?" I state.

"Okay. Okay," he repeats, his breathing slowing down a little.

"He will be there soon, alright. Just calm down babe, everything is going to be fine," I assure him, even though I was feeling rather freaked out myself. The fact that Harry could potentially be the father of another woman's child today was rather overwhelming.

"Thank you," He says.

"Just stay calm, there's nothing to worry about here. I love you," I state.

"I love you too, more than anything," he says and I smile and tell him Louis will be over to get him soon enough.

I hang up and Louis looks over at me with a confused expression.

"What did you sign me up for?"

"Sarah went into labor and Harry's freaking the shit out about it. He can't even drive to the hospital because he thinks he'll have a panic attack or something while driving," I explain. "I have to stay here with Payton. That and I just feel like you taking him is a lot more appropriate."

"Okay, fair enough. Jesus we need to sign up for that one crazy American show where they find out who's the father," Louis chuckles, grabbing his keys off the counter.

I roll my eyes, giving Louis a quick hug goodbye and a stay safe before he heads off to pick up Harry.

And now I just sit here and wait.