Forty Four.

4 weeks later

It was a delightful and quiet Saturday afternoon. Family and friends filled Ryan Welsh's apartment as they all prepared for the event ahead of them.

Teagans pov

"Everything is going to be just fine, babe. I'm sure he's picking it up as we speak," Harry says, trying to calm me down.

The guests were piling in and Louis wouldn't answer his phone, and he was the one picking up Payton's birthday cake as well as all the food we ordered for the party.

"I know but he's like a half hour late already and I'm getting worried."

Just as I state this, the front door opens and Louis and Shawn walk in all carrying a bunch of boxes and I sigh in relief nothing had happened to them or anything.

"Sorry we're a little late love, the caterer you ordered from took a while to package all the food," Louis explains, laying it all down on the counter.

"it's fine, you just weren't answering your phone I got a little worried," I said, beginning to un package all of the food.

"I'm sorry, my phone died and Shawn forgot his," Louis explains.

"Hey Louis, Shawn," Ryan greets, walking into the kitchen. Payton was currently in a sea of family members from Ryan's side, all busy cooing and kissing on the little birthday girl in the living room.

"Hey mate, how are you doin?" Louis asks.

"I'm well. Thanks you guys for picking up all the food I really appreciate it," Ryan says.

"No problem at all, happy to do it," Louis responds as I set the counter with foods and lay out the cake.

————

"Happy birthday to you," we all finish the chorus with cheers, as we take pictures of the one year old girl digging into the mini personal cake with her hands and smearing it everywhere.

I chuckle, allowing the toddler to eat as I begin cutting pieces of the big cake we got for the guests and handing them out to everyone.

"I can do that if you'd like?" Ryan's girlfriend, Tamiko asks kindly.

"Really, you wouldn't mind?" I ask with a smile.

"Of course not!" She says, and I thank her and hand over the knife.

Ryan had actually met Tamiko only shortly after we had that talk about my potential relationship with Harry. Even though he had stated back then he didn't believe he was in a place to have a serious relationship, that all changed when he met her. It just goes to show you truly can't change or decide who you fall in love with and at what point in your life it happens.

Since I was no longer cutting the cake, I take the opportunity to grab a slice and sit at the table where I'm near Payton and can watch her eating her own little cake. Everyone was busy chatting and eating and overall it was a nice little get together.

Louis plops down on the seat beside me with a sigh, "time sure passes by fast, innit Tea?"

"Yeah, it really does," I agree.

"Remember when you, well we, met Ryan the first time?" He asks.

I let out a light chuckle at the memory, "oh god, yes. You had just told me Harry was getting married so I said I'd get on plenty of fish to look for a date."

"Yep and then I said there's no way he's real," Louis states with a laugh.

"Can't believe that was over two years ago now, geesh," I huff.