Chapter 20

Niall's POV

"What is wrong with you?" Liam asks me while getting up from the sofa to stand in front of me. In the last ten minutes I went to the toilet three times.

"Nothing mate." I answer him and make my way to the sofa and grab the joystick, we are playing a game while we wait for his girlfriend.

Yes Liam got a girlfriend, she is from his town and apparently they always were good friends. I know that as soon as she arrives he will leave with her, he can't shut up about how he misses her even tough he was with her in the last weekend. 

And then there is me, I haven't seen Kat for a week. I have been so busy recording the new album and preparing everything to the Europe Tour, this will be the biggest Europe Tour that we will do. But the real reason why I am being avoiding Kat is because I have been preparing myself for what will happen tonight.

Soon when Liam's girlfriend arrives they will leave me alone and I don't know if that is good or bad. I am so nervous that I don't know if I am better alone or with company.

"It doesn't seem nothing." Liam says while he sits on the sofa next to me.

He is doing it again, he is looking at me waiting me to talk to him. I hate when he does this because he knows I will tell him. He is one of my best mates and I really trust him, Liam has always a good advice and I think it's the time to speak about this with someone.

"C'mon mate, you have been acting weird in the last months, I know something is going on." He says and I take a deep breath.

"So there is this girl..." I start and he immediately interrupts me.

"A girl? Really Niall? I mean finally! I am so happy for you." He says patting on my shoulder.

"Can you wait please? Let me tell you the whole story." I say and he nods.

"So I met her a few months ago and we started to be friends, but eventually things got rough between us and she left me."

"That is why you were so down during our UK tour." He says looking thoughtful.

I look at him and he raises his hand promising that he won't say anything else.

"The thing is that we are good now, I actually have been avoiding her because I want to ask her if she wants to be my girlfriend and I don't know how to do it." I feel like a six year old while I say it.

The door bell rings and Liam gets up to open the door without answering me.

When he comes back his girlfriend is with him.

"Hey Sophia." I say while getting up to hug Liam's girlfriend.

"Hey." She says smiling.

"We have to go." Liam says grabbing her waist. "But first Niall." He says looking at me. "Don't be nervous and just be yourself. I know you will think about something great, just surprised her mate." He says and leaves my house with Sophia.

While Liam walks out of the door, an idea crosses my mind and suddenly I know exactly what to do.

'Keep calm Niall, everything will work out.' I think as I knock at Kat's door.

"Are you ready?" I shout as she opens the door. Oh I am so nervous.

"Yes." She says smiling and kissing my face.

"Are you home alone?" I ask.

"Yes. Nicole went out with some friends and her parents had a business dinner." She answers me, walking out of her house and closing the door.