When You Get Hurt

💏
You and Jonathan had decided to go to the gym together, since you'd felt that you could be more in shape. He wished you would just stay home and away from the heavy metal in the gym, since he knew how competitive and how much more he could lift than you.

"Doll, you are perfect the way you are. You don't need to hit the gym," he told you as you tightened your sneakers. "Just sit out on this one, okay? I'll give you a good view when I do squats if you want, but I want you to sit out,"

"Jon, please," you sighed, standing up to grab his hands. "It wouldn't hurt for me to get some muscle,"

"If you really want to, but you will have to keep the weight low," he warned you, dragging you to the shoulder press.

"I can do just as much as you," you scoffed, flexing your muscles.

"Babe," he sighed, flexing his next to yours. "Look, it's not the same. You cannot do the same amount of weight as me,"

"How much do you do?" You asked as he sat down, fixing the weight before pushing up, lifting it effortlessly. "Let me try!"

"Babe," he warned you before you sighed, turning to walk towards the shelves of dumbbells.

"Fine," you groaned, picking up the heaviest set of weights you could handle.

"Y/N," Jonathan called out, making you look to him. "I love you,"

"I love you, too," you murmured before continuing to curl the weights up.

After a few sets, you noticed that Jonathan had moved onto a different machine. You sneakily places the weights down and scurried over to the machine, sitting down where he was previously seated, biting down on you lip as you pushed up on the handles, making the weights lift as you used all your force against the weights.

"Look, Jon, I told you I could!" You shouted, making your boyfriend look over to you quickly, his brows furrowing at the sight of you.

"Y/N, put it down," he warned you as you felt a pop in your shoulder, making you drop the weights and fall to your knees. Jonathan ran up to you, kneeling down to scoop you up in his arms.

"My shoulder," You whimpered, leaning your head into his chest as tears strolled down your face.

"Fuck, Y/N," he sighed, examining your shoulder. "I told you couldn't do it, Doll. Why did you try?"

"I just wanted to show you I could," You whined as he had you lift your arm, only for you to wince and pull it back down.

"You are crazy, you know that?" he sighed, lifting you up bridal style and carrying you out the door.

"I wonder who I get it from," you smiled, trying to make good of the situation.

"Well, I don't go around lifting something that my very loving boyfriend tells me not to," he said, placing you down in the car.

"Oh, so you have a very loving boyfriend, too?" you quirked a brow as he chuckled, closing you in the car.

"Aren't you supposed to be crying in pain?" he asked you once he got in the driver's side.

"Would you rather me be crying?" You asked, making his smirk fade away.

"No. Absolutely not. You can keep on makin' your jokes if it means you won't cry," he told you, taking your hand in his.

"Good. Now, who is this boyfriend you were talking about? I would love to meet him someday," you smiled, clutching your aching shoulder.

"Did I say boyfriend? I meant girlfriend. Now she is a keeper," he smirked, making you laugh softly. "She is beautiful, and amazing."

"She's funny, too," you added.

"She thinks she's funny," he chuckled before kissing the back of your hand before he took you to the emergency room to fix your dislocated shoulder.