Marriage Series Pt. 1 || He Asks For Permission

. HIS POV.
•••

Dean Ambrose:
💏

I walked hand in hand with my girlfriend, Y/N, as we approached her parents' house for dinner. I peered down at her as she knocked on the door and I smiled, knowing that she was going to be my wife soon.

"Y/N!" her mom gushed as the door was pulled open.

"How are you, mom?" she asked as they shared a small hug.

"We've been great!"

"Dean," her dad said, approaching me quickly. I shook his hand firmly before he pulled me into an brief hug.

"How are you, sir?" I asked before he shook his head.

"I've told you, call me Y/D/N," he told me with a wink.

"Come sit, you two! Dinner is hot and ready!" Y/N's mom told us before Y/N came to my side, sliding her small hand into mine.

"You look nervous. It's not like you haven't met my parents before, Dean," she smiled, pulling me down to kiss my cheek.

"I'm not nervous," I lied, pulling a chair out for her, allowing her to sit down before I took the chair next to her.

We all sat with empty plates, talking about upcoming plans for Y/D/N's job. I looked over at Y/N as she began to stand up, wiping her mouth with a napkin.

"I'm going to go use the restroom really fast," she said before leaning down to hug me briefly. I watched her walk away until she was completely gone, the door closing making me turn back to her parents.

"I have something to ask you," I said nervously.

"Okay," Y/M/N said softly.

"Y/N and I have been dating for 3 years now. I love her very much— no, I love her with every fiber of my being. I want nothing more than for us to be together forever," I told them, pulling the ring out of my pocket that I had bought weeks prior. Her mom was ecstatic, while her dad just stared blankly at me. "I really want to ask Y/N to marry me. I would love for her to be my wife. I wanted to ask—"

"No," her dad said sternly, taking both me and her mom off guard.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my brows slightly.

"I don't want you to marry my daughter. You're never home so I never get to see her. I don't want her to feel obligated to stay on the road with you, so the answer is no," he said simply before her mom slapped his chest.

"Dean, we both think that is a fantastic idea. Y/D/N is just sad to see his baby girl get married. We both adore you, and can't wait for you to be our son-in-law," Y/M/N told me, making me smile.

"Thank you," I nodded before the bathroom door opened. I shoved the ring away and smiled at my beautiful soon-to-be bride-to-be.

Jon Moxley:
💏
I walked around Y/N's family reunion with her, taking time to greet every family member, most of which I knew. She was so excited about this family reunion, and it gave me the perfect opportunity to get to her parents.

"I'm going to go get something to drink," I told Y/N, leaning down to press my lips to hers briefly. I made sure to peer back over my shoulder multiple times at her before walking into the house, finding her parents quickly.

"Hi, Jon," Y/M/N said, smiling widely.

"Can I you something?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Of course,"

"Can I marry Y/N?" I asked bluntly, making them both jump back.

"I mean, are you two really in a position to be getting married, Jon? I mean, you're both so young and—"

"I haven't told her yet, but I've just been offered a job within WWE," I admitted. "We'll have more money around, I'll buy Y/N a house, a new car, whatever I have to do to make her happy and live a good life. I just want her to be my wife."

I couldn't tell them that the reason I wanted to marry her was because she was pregnant.

"Well," her mom started before her dad stuck a hand up.

"You have my blessing. Not because I like you, Jon, because I really don't. Only because I know how much Y/N loves you," her dad told me, making me smirk.

"I won't let you down, sir," I winked, turning around to walk back to my lovely, pregnant, glowing, soon-to-be fiancée.