You Break Up and He Wants You Back

You had been waiting all day to see your most recent love interest, Elias, who had made you wait to see him since he had a busted eye from his match the night before. You walked into the locker room before looking around for Elias's dark hair, only to run straight into your ex boyfriend, Jonathan.

"Oh, sorry," you said, moving quickly away from him. You two ended things on bad terms, since he seemed to not care about your feelings when he decided to drink with the guys, which happened a few times a week.

"It's alright," he said, staying in place as you couldn't help but take in his appearance— his tall figure had always been something you admired. "What are you staring at?" he finally asked, furrowing his eyebrows at you.

"Sorry," you said, shaking your head of the thoughts of him. "Just waiting for someone,"

"You apologize too much," he sighed.

"Sorry— er, I mean, I'll just go away if you want," you said before turning away, only to be taken off guard when he chased after you.

"Here's the thing, Y/N, I don't want you to go away," he said sternly, grabbing onto your wrist gently. "I never wanted you to go away."

"Jon, don't do this," you warned him before you seen a red tinge his cheeks.

"Please, Y/N," he sighed, his eyes looking sadly down at you.

"I-I'm waiting for someone," you repeated, trying to back away from him.

"I promise I'll be better, Doll. I miss you. I've never been so fucked up about something before, and it's been killing me not having you by my side," he told you, his jaw tensing as tears stung his eyes.

"Jon, i-it's been over for months now," you mentioned as he locked his fingers with yours.

"I haven't had a single drop since that night, baby, I promise. I haven't stepped foot into a bar since we broke up," he said, grabbing your other hand. "I promise to be better. I've never loved someone as much as I love you, and I-I can't be without you, Y/N,"

"Jonathan," you sighed before you noticed tear roll onto his cheek.

"I miss you, Y/N," he sighed before you reached your hand up to catch the tear, brushing it away.

"I miss you, too, Jonathan," you finally said before he pulled you into a hug. You wrapped your arms around his neck as he held you tightly, squeezing he breath out of you. You opened your eyes to see Elias, smiling at you.

He knew you still loved your ex. There was no doubt that you still loved him, and Elias knew that there was always a chance you'd go back to him. You insisted you two were finished, but he kept his distance in case of the inevitable.

Elias flashed you a thumbs up before mouthing 'it's okay,' and grabbing his guitar and heading for the exit.

"I will be better, Y/N. You deserve the best," Jonathan told you, letting out a deep sigh. "I love you, Y/N. I always have and I always will,"

"I love you, too, Jonathan," you said, letting your eyes close as you two continued to share this embrace.