Not a new chapter

Hi I'm sorry this isn't an actual update, you don't have to read this if you don't want to, it's not important.

But I just wanted to talk to you guys about editing Viperous and my thoughts so far and stuff like that.

So as I expected, it's been hard going through the beginning of this story. Especially because I wrote it so long ago and naturally, I was not as good of a writer then as I am now. Properly capturing the band, and of course Chas and Axl has been difficult. They've been the worst, to be honest.

Self doubt is awful! I've caught myself mid-sentence so many times, thinking about whether or not that piece of dialogue sounds like something Axl would say or if I'm making Chas too one dimensional, etc, etc.

I really don't know how some people can say that writing fanfic or short stories or whatever isn't as challenging as writing a book that's going to be physically published. Because let me tell you, it's been TOUGH!

But don't worry. I will not let Viperous  end up with a shitty final product.

Things are actually beginning to look up!

Here's a quick story:

So yesterday, I was trying to watch a YouTube video, and I got an ad. Before it had loaded, I looked away for a second and then all of the sudden I was hearing Welcome To The Jungle. I immediately looked back at the screen, confused. The video for Jungle was playing, and at the end of the ad, it said something about how Guns N' Roses released all their videos in HD. Not believing there would be any noticeable difference, I clicked off the original video I had wanted to watch and typed in Guns N Roses. Sweet Child was the first video, so I chose that one. Sure enough, there was a higher quality available, and I suppose it did look better. But that's not the point of this (you're probably thinking "this is so boring why is she posting this and making us read this.") I ended up watching the entire video. Like, my eyes were glued to it. And when I say that I got emotional, I got EMOTIONAL.

Many of you know that I haven't felt any love for Guns N Roses and the music in a long time. Well over a year and a half now. I haven't watched any interviews or videos or listened to any of their music in just as long, save for a few videos of Axl when I needed a refresher on a couple things when I first started editing.

But as I was watching the music video for Sweet Child, I could literally feel all my love for the band surge up in my chest. I honestly can't really describe it accurately. It was like I was watching the video and hearing the song for the very first time again.

Once it got to the part where Axl is sitting and looking at Erin, I was nearly crying. As overrated as Sweet Child can be and as much as the band said it was just one big joke, it really is such a beautiful song.

Am I back into the throes of my obsession with Guns N' Roses again? No. But do I remember why I loved them so goddamn much? Yes. 100%. It makes sense to me again.

I remember why I started writing Viperous out of nowhere, and why I created Chas and why her story became so special and close to my heart.

It feels wonderful, writing again.

Writing Chas again feels like I've been reunited with a best friend I haven't seen in years. As I'm writing this right now, I'm starting to cry. I better wrap this up lol. (They're happy tears!)

And I'm also just so happy that people still care about this book. I've probably said that already, but I can't believe the chapters that are up are getting so many reads, and even making this story get on the ranking lists! I think at one point it said #2 for one of the guys!

So thank you for that, and of course for your support.

If you want to talk to me about Viperous (just in general, or if you have any questions for me or about the story send them my way! I'll gladly answer them) comment on this chapter!

An actual update should be coming within the next week for sure. Like I mentioned earlier, I've hit many bumps in the road writing wise but my little realization last night has helped clear them up! I feel even better about this story now.

Happy reading! ❤