we have a situation- all hands on deck ladies

Hi so I'm having a huge dilemma!

I'll just say it: I'm considering moving this story to another platform. One that has no censorship policies, because Wattpad is not as laidback as it used to be.

A couple days ago, I posted a link to a story called "RIOT" that I really liked! It's about the Spec Ops guy who's been seen at the BLM protests. The girl who wrote it, Anica, got 1 million reads in A WEEK. Her story is THAT GOOD! And it was so popular because she wrote it the second the Tik Toks started to be made about the guy and he started trending.

But anyways, the story was only up for a week, and then the entire thing was removed. As far as I'm aware, Wattpad gave her NO WARNING. And her story had a good amount of sex scenes, swear words, and she did not use any "*" or anything like that. So yeah, Wattpad took it down, and she can't get the story back up. Luckily, her followers had her entire story screenshotted so she was able to rewrite it, and now it's available on AO3.

You're probably asking now "How does this matter when it comes to Viperous?"

Well, Chasity is supposed to lose her virginity to Axl soon. Very, very soon.

And this isn't my first rodeo. I've been writing lengthy, in-depth smut scenes on this app for YEARS! I'm not sure if anyone remembers the Rebel Yell scene in the first write of Viperous, but if you do. . . Then you know how iconic that was. Not to mention, the smut chapter I wrote where I used 10 gifs from a video of Jared Leto tying a girl up. Everyone was anticipating that chapter for so long, I had hyped everybody up for it, and then within minutes of it being uploaded, Wattpad took it down!

About a month ago, Wattpad notified me that an unpublished chapter of Serene had an "explicit gif" attatched to it, and warned me that if my account continued to violate their guidelines, my story or my entire account could be removed.

It wasn't even THAT bad! It was a hand on a thigh 😂 and that chapter was from the first write of Serene like 3 years ago, and like I said, it had been unpublished for more than a year,  just sitting as a draft. And it still got taken down.

My account has been flagged before, and I'm scared that they could just be like "Okay, shut it down. We've had ENOUGH with this girl and her Axl Rose smut. Delete her entire account."

And if y'all know anything, it's that the smut I write is long, and I do like to include visuals to help portray the story (I

And if y'all know anything, it's that the smut I write is long, and I do like to include visuals to help portray the story (I.E. the hand-on-thigh gif and Jared Leto gifs,) and I HATE using asterisks to censor words. It takes you out of the story, and it ruins it. The content is supposed to be explicit. It's SUPPOSED to be something you do not talk about with your parents lol.

And I'm afraid that this story could get taken down really, really soon because as I said earlier, Chas is quite literally going to get her world rocked by Axl SOON. Like, within a couple chapters DHSMSKSKSJSND

It's vulgar and definitely not something wattpad would agree with. I really hate how over the years they've become so strict and PG. Back in the day, this entire site was ONLY fanfic smut and imagines and there was hardly any original stories or anything PG. It's changed so much.

So, I'm wondering if you guys have any thoughts? Right now, I'm considering Tumblr and AO3 as other platforms.

I'm more familiar with Tumblr and I like all the features they have, like asks, and being able to post chapters, but also other stuff, like GN'R content and Mädchen. But also, they have strict rules when it comes to gifs now
:(

I've read stories on AO3, but have never used it myself. If anyone has, let me know in the comments if it's good! Is commenting accessible? Is there a way to communicate with your readers like the wattpad announcement feature? Are they strict with their censorship?

If I do end up moving to another platform (which is very likely at this point), I would still post chapters here (until they got removed, which I can almost guarantee will happen, as once the first smut chapter comes out, more and more will follow from then on out until the end of the story.)

This really sucks and I hate that I'm considering this so seriously. I've loved wattpad for a long time, and it's the true home of Viperous, Serene, and Serene: Part Two. But I feel as though I have no choice anymore. I hate censorship, and there's no way I would be okay completely changing this story just to adhere to rules.

The original inspiration for this story was Lana Del Rey songs and the most recent Lolita movie. Over the years, I've gained more inspiration and the story has changed, but still, the core elements of this book are explicit. Even if my goals for the book don't completely center around writing dirty Axl Rose chapters, this story is still very much supposed to be the book you read that gets you heated and makes you simp over Axl even more than you did before you read it HAHA!!

I write for the girls! For the ladies who love Axl, and see themselves in Chas. For the ones who feel they were meant to marry a rockstar and travel the world. For the girls who want to read an accurate story about what it's like to be a girl, about friendship, about love, and also about a (smutty) happily ever after with Axl Rose.

I love you guys so much! Please please comment. Please let me know you'll still read if I post on tumblr or AO3, I don't want to lose any of you!

Chapter 28 is not smutty, but it's coming soon. It shouldn't get taken down. It's harmless lol.

See you in the comments! ❤❤❤