Chapter 33

"Expecting somebody else?"

Axl's first spoken words all night make me break out into goosebumps.

"No," I rush to speak, even though it's not easy. He towers over me, body against mine. The shadow engulfing the two of us on the wall I stare at directly ahead is his size. I get lost in it. "You're just-You. . ."

"Did I scare you?" His voice is innocent, genuinely curious.

"Well, yes. And everybody's in here-"

"Nobody's watching. They're all drunk," Axl insists quietly. His words make me turn around slightly, looking over my shoulder, and his.

Sure enough, nobody in the rest of the green room pays any attention.

"Did you have fun? Was it a good farewell show?"

"Yeah." I watch the silhouette of Axl's head as it comes to rest on my shoulder. "You did so good. You always do."

I feel his voice. It goes right to my heart. "Awh, I love you, Chasity Grace."

I beam, even though I know he can't see my huge smile very well. "I love you too, Ax."

His roaming hands begin to stray really, really far. I feel his fingertips climbing their way under my Guns N' Roses t-shirt, one of their newest designs.

"Spend the night with me."

I hardly process what he says. "Huh?" His hands. . . They're on my bare waist now.

"Spend the night with me," He repeats.

This time, I actually listen. And all over again, I feel that shock run through me, just the way it did when he saddled up behind me.

"What?"

"You heard me," Axl asserts, chuckling.

"I did, but I'm confused," I murmur. My hands now slide up alongside Axl's on my body, an attempt to stop him so I can concentrate on what he's even saying to me. "I am spending the night with you. I'm here, aren't I?"

"Bless your heart, baby." Axl really laughs now. He's grinning, I already know it just from hearing him. "I mean," He emphasizes his words, trying to be clear. "Spend the night, sleep over. At the apartment. With me."

I whip around suddenly, my face surely getting as red as the bandana wrapped around his head. "What?" The tips of my ears feel like a hot poker.

"Like, alone?" I whisper, also trying to be clear.

Axl nods, looking down at me. He's trying not to laugh.

I feel more and more embarrassed the longer I stand here, staring up at his face.

"You're so cute," Axl whispers through the laughter he can't keep in anymore. His hands reach out for me again, and I swat them away. "God, you're adorable."

I cross my arms over my chest, refusing to look at him. I focus on Izzy, who's got a line of shots in front of him.

"Is that a no?" Axl pouts, coming to stand closer to me. He blocks my view of Steve cheering Izzy on.

"I don't know," I say sheepishly. I do know. Of course I want to. Yes!

"You don't know? You'd pass up being stuck with me for an entire night?"