important questions

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This is not an update, but a place for us all to discuss an important matter!

No, not another hiatus. Thank God! The last thing I'm doing is leaving right now. If anything, I'm loving writing more than I have in the last two years!

With that said, I don't want to take up too much of anyone's time, especially with this not even being a chapter. I'm sorry if you thought it was! Please don't stop reading now, I'm getting to the good part lol

So, if you were here for round one of Viperous, and Serene, and, Serene Part Two, you know that there was some stuff omitted from the story.

This stuff being the band's excessive drug and alcohol usage, and pretty much ALL of Axl's problematic behavior (no one come for me for saying that-as much as I love Axl he was problematic at times. Please do not start a fight in my comments section.)

So if you weren't here, now you know that there was not a single chapter about Duff shooting up, or Axl or anyone else on drugs, or the Riots, or the Metallica Drama, or Axl being abusive, or Slash and Axl fighting because of drugs and the like, or Steven being kicked out of the band because he was on drugs, or anyone sleeping with groupies.

HELL, THERE WASN'T EVEN AXL SLEEPING WITH ADRIANA FOR THE ROCKET QUEEN MOANING AUDIO!

(^ That will never happen in this new rewrite Viperous, btw.)

Lately, I've been wondering if omitting all of those things was the right choice.

Can Viperous still be accurate to the experience of Guns N' Roses and real life events if there is no drug use among the members, despite it being a prominent focal point of tons of their songs and major events in the band? Can the story benefit from being more truthful to real life?

I've been writing Chasity's story since I was thirteen. T h i r t e e n. I have been writing this story for years. And as those years have gone by, I've changed as a writer. My style has developed more, I've lived more life experiences of my own that have influenced how I write things, my opinions have changed, as have anyone else's who grows up more.

I also feel more comfortable writing certain subject matters now than I did when I first made the decision to keep the story rated R rather than Unrated.

So, the question: How do you feel about some aspects of the band's vices being included in the story?

I would love to hear EVERYONE'S thoughts and opinions. Even a simple yes or no could help (but please do elaborate!) Comment after you read this whole thing!

My thoughts are this:

I plan on including events like Steve's drug use resulting in him leaving the band, Izzy leaving the band because he's fed up with everything, Slash's overdose, and Duff's drug problems around 1991 and 1992. And possibly the riots. I mean, it happened.

I think it's wise to include all this because I don't want to make Viperous and Serene into some perfect story where all that happens is being on tour and kissing your rockstar boyfriend and doing the do and being a perfect supermodel.

Viperous and Serene were never intended to be romanticized and unrealistic, and partly why I began to get really unhappy with them before the hiatus was because it seemed as if they had become these perfect stories.

Just earlier today I was reading through parts of Serene Part Two and I wanted to gag. Chasity and Axl were so lovey dovey and that's not how real life is.

Thank god for getting older and being able to evolve and mature, because if I haven't I would still think that what I used to write was good.

The thing about being in love with Axl is that it's hard. It's not easy. I feel like thats the basis of every Axl or even any rockstar fic on here and the rest of the internet.

So it makes no sense for there to not be any of the real life problems that the band mostly faced in the story (and some of Axl's behavior) and it just so happens that most of the issues that occurred surrounded the use of drugs and alcohol.

If I do end up including drug use in the story, it won't be like, immediately next chapter or even anytime soon. Those themes won't really be important to the story until the tours, especially Use Your Illusion. And as we all know from round one, Chasity is on the tour with the band pretty much the entire time.

In regards to Axl being problematic, he will not be abusive towards Chasity. The riots and his behavior will cause tension in their relationship and they'll fight, but it's not going to lead to any physical or emtional/verbal abuse.

Okay. So as I'm writing this I feel like this whole thing is becoming unnecessary. This is getting long, but the reason for that is me wanting to include you guys as readers. When a writer and the readers team up for a moment, good things happen. You guys truly do impact the story. I write for you guys, so of course I want to hear what you have to say.

And maybe you won't think this overall question is a big deal, that's okay. Still leave me what you think in the comments! Even if you disagree with what I've said, let me know that! I won't be upset or anything.

If you read all this rambling, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Sometimes a writer just needs some feedback, and this is the best way for me to reach you guys.

I'll probably delete this in the next week or so, so please leave your comments ASAP!

Thanks so much you guys! I'll be responding to all of you. ❤