Chapter 12

I think I'm still dreaming as the members of Guns N' Roses pile into my room, and assemble themselves around my bed, looking at me.

"Rise and shine, Chassy!"

"Huh?" My voice comes out muddled with sleep, my brain not processing what's going on.

"The video for Jungle is today! You better get up girly, we're already runnin' late."

That makes me sit up faster than ever.

"What?"

It finally hits.

Oh my fucking god.

"What are you doing here? Why are you in my room? What time is it?" The clock reads nine-sixteen, but that's the only answer I've got for myself.

Past the guys and a very grumpy looking Michelle who lays on the floor, I see my mother walk by with laundry in her hands.

"Sorry honey, they said it was important!"

Even if I wanted to, I couldn't be mad at her for this.

All of the sudden, every single one of them starts to rush me.

"There's gonna be traffic, c'mon."

"We told you we gotta leave at nine-thirty!"

"Get up! Put clothes on!"

"Michelle quit sleeping! Move, Chasity!"

"-Can't be waiting around here all day!"

"OKAY!" I kick off the covers before pushing past them, and can't help but notice that I'm not the only one who looks like shit right now.

They look hungover, their clothes all disheveled. I'd bet money that they slept in them last night. Even Axl looks tired.

"What the hell did you guys do last night? Too many beers?" I tease, laughing.

I don't wait for a response to my comment. I just move on down the hall, to the bathroom. I lock the door for good measure.

My makeup consists of mascara, concealer on my undereyes, and lipgloss. I brush my teeth, put on deodorant, and add product to my hair. I'm in and out in under ten minutes, and I have to say, I'm proud of myself. I don't even get ready this quickly when I'm running late for school.

But that's because school is very, very different from a rock concert.

They still hassle me as I stand at my open closet, shifting from foot to foot as I try to decide on my outfit.

A skirt? That black one could work with the pink shirt. . . No. Too groupie-ish. Jeans? Boring. Man, I really need to go to the mall. I haven't been in so long-

"A t-shirt and jeans is fine. We're on a tight schedule."

I snort as I turn around to look at Michael, who sits on my bed. "Says the guy who literally never shows up anywhere on time. Ever." I can't help but look at the rest of them, too.

I realize Michelle is fast asleep on the hardwood floor, how, I don't know. But she is.

Begrudgingly, I make a show of selecting a pair of jeans and a Guns N' Roses t-shirt with a long, drawn-out sigh.

The guys used to know someone who made a hundred of them, and the one I have used to belong to Duff. Until I stole it.

"Hey, is that mine-"

"I can't answer that! There's not enough time! We're running so late, remember?"

Izzy laughs at that, and I feel proud of myself.