Chapter 10

Axl's idea was a hickey.

"It's still faint," His voice isn't anything above a murmur as his thumb swipes over my skin. "But it'll be more noticeable tomorrow."

I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to make out again. Just like last time, my enjoyment outweighed my shame.

It's easy not to think about how many rules both Axl and I have/are breaking and how odd our friendship has become when we kissed on my bed for what had to of been a good half hour.

Ridiculously easy.

Even now, it's simple to let it blank from my mind.

"I've never really seen a hickey before," I whisper, reminded of how juvenile I am.

Less than a few seconds later, I find my hand in Axl's as he brings me to stand in front of the mirror in my room.

To answer my own question, it isn't big. Although the only lighting in here comes from two lamps at opposite ends of the room, the purplish-red bruise can't be any larger than a quarter.

It looks kind of pretty. . .

But it's not the hickey that makes my breath catch in my throat.

It's the sight of Axl and I.

His hands cradle my hips, my own moving my messy hair out of the way to get a better look at my neck. The cutoff shorts I'm wearing stop at the middle of my thighs, the exposed skin of my legs littered with goosebumps as I hear the air conditioning turn on. I don't object when Axl presses his body closer to mine, the warmth radiating off of him nice.

My face is nearly as flushed as my lips that are still swollen from kissing. So are Axl's. I tried to completely wipe off my lipgloss before we started, but I can see small flecs of glitter on his lips as the light catches them.

I wasn't as nervous this time around. Being totally and completely alone really took away a lot of the pressure that was there last time.

The only issue we encountered today was my bed.

It's only a twin. Having Axl, who's a grown man and nearly six feet tall be on it at the same time as me is a challenge. We both nearly fell off a couple times.

"Does it hurt?" Axl says right near my ear, his eyes on mine.

"No." I stop and focus on it for a moment, thinking. "It just feels like you're still kissing me."

When Axl rests his huge hand on my throat, my breath falters even though he isn't squeezing me. His palm simply rests against my skin as his thumb rubs over the hickey, causing it to tingle even more than it already was. 

Oh my god that feels good.

When a whimper slips from my throat, I'm surprised to hear the noise, and Axl's laugh.

"Chasity Novelo likes hickies and kissing. Who fuckin' knew."

I stare daggers at Axl once I spin around to actually face him. My hands clamp onto the sides of his half undone button up, my knuckles grazing against his abs. "Don't make fun of me in my own house."

He laughs even more as he pries my fingers from his shirt. "Oh, c'mon, you know you do! It's so obvious, Chas. You practically died when I french kissed you too."

The tips of my ears burn at his words. "Anyone could've done it and I would've 'died.'" I make air quotes with my fingers. "Don't flatter yourself, William."

It didn't even happen in my dream, and I suppose that's because I had no idea how it felt until it happened.

Immediately after Axl's tongue had traced over my own, he said he was sorry. His voice was raspy and deep, lips still close to mine. Little did he know, I was already caught up in it. All of it.

He's still smiling at me with amusement when he speaks. "When are your parents gonna be home."

"Soon, probably." I speak quietly, even if I don't need to. It's like a newly developed habit.

Having Axl in my room is a secret. Maybe if I whisper, it'll help make sure no one knows. Not Michelle, not my parents. Not the band. Not any part of the universe outside of this room.

That same smile, glitter and all, still hasn't left Axl's lips. It's wider now, even as his nose brushes against mine. "I better go doll."

"Okay."

"Are you gonna be okay? You still seem a little faint." Axl giggles at his own words, knowing they're getting to me.

I roll my eyes. "I'll be fine."

"Just making sure." His fingers come up to my neck again, tracing the mark he's left on me, his eyes staring as he does it. My body is still as Axl leaves a kiss behind, his lips pressed against my neck for what feels like a split second.

"For good luck," He says.

When he leaves my room, he goes through the door instead of the window.

((A/N: I love this chapter so much! Although it's short, I feel the contents of it make up for the word count.

Thank you to everyone who's been commenting! I love hearing your opinions and feedback! It really does help me write the story, and know if you guys are liking what I'm writing.

How about Chas and Axl though???

They're both so clueless I can't even believe it and I'm the author! Don't worry though, things will start to really happen soon :)

Happy reading!))