Chapter 34

What was last night's sanctuary is now this morning's pitfall.

I can hear Duff's loud snores from down the hall. I think it's Duff, at least. It might be Izzy. Or Slash. Or Steve. They all stumbled in maybe an hour ago, so drunk and rowdy it woke Axl and I.

We never fell back asleep after the boys came in. All of last night's tension is still rippling through my body. It clashes with the same tension coursing through Axl. The bed feels like it's on fire underneath my bare legs, Axl just as hot on top of me in his boxers. So dangerous.

When he feverishly litters my jaw with kisses and I moan, the sound that leaves his lips makes a shudder run up my spine.

"Be quiet," He hisses low, voice still filled with sleep.

"I can't," I frown up at him. I hope to meet his eyes, but don't because he ducks his head down again. The kisses on my collarbones are feather light, tickling my skin.

When I burst out laughing, Axl slaps his hand down over my lips. He's so quick that I hardly realize what's happened, his hand pressed firmly against half of my face.

"I told you to be quiet," He scolds before pulling back, and coming to kneel up in front of me.

He's beautiful-maybe even more so than any other time of day. It makes me upset that this is the first time I've truly seen him first thing in the morning, and it just so happens to be the last time for a while. The orange light coming in through the blinds makes his wild hair look like fire. Light stubble lines his jaw and his lips are swollen from kissing me. As I lay here, I have no choice but to rake my eyes up his bare chest, from his tight boxers, past the happy trail, to his sleepy, annoyed face.

All I manage to do is stare up at him with heavy eyes, trying hard to not wander. It's so difficult that whimpers of frustration echo against Axl's hand.

A smile slowly forms across his face. "Look at you. . . So pretty."

My 'Stop it, Axl' sounds completely incoherent, but Axl laughs quietly as if he heard me perfectly.

I don't make a sound as both of Axl's hands move to cup my face, his getting closer and closer with each heartbeat.

"I love you." He declares-certain.

I can hardly get my words out, Axl chasing after them quickly. "I love you, Axl."

I sound dream-like, hardly even real. Nothing feels like it is. It's hard to believe that in an hour, he'll be gone. I'll probably be in shambles. The truth makes me cling to him tighter, to this fantasy that he's brought to life. A night that turned into a morning that turned into a glimpse of what waits for us after the tour, after my first gigs, after everyone finds out.

I can tell that Axl is going to make us finally get up soon once he breaks the silence that sat between us as we caught our breath, and our bearings. That tension mellows out, but still strikes a chord in my heart, making me yearn for him. It gets worse when he talks.

"You know," He whispers, looking up to the ceiling with that small smile of his. "Our love is dangerous. Viperous.

"I don't know how I'm going to live without you," Axl murmurs. His eyes go wide, empty. Like he's searching for an answer, a way to cope. "I don't think I can. Not anymore."

It makes my whole body feel heavy. I can feel my own eyes soften as I look at him, trying to remember exactly what he looks like right now. I wonder if I'll forget.

"I don't know how I'm going to live without you," I say.

Axl groans, squeezing his eyes shut like he's in pain. "You've got me trapped, Chasity Grace. You lured me in, and I'm going to be enchanted by you for the rest of my life," He says, looking at me. "You viperous, dangerous woman."