5 Years

I'm probably annoying you all the more I update and it's not an actual chapter, and for that I'm sorry. There's just no other way for me to talk to you guys without posting to my wall (is that what it's called?), but I'm not sure if you all follow me to get the notification or to even see it.

So first off, I wanted to say thank you for the feedback and the votes on the latest chapter so far, it warms my heart ❤

A few days ago, I got to counting, and it turns out I started writing this story five years ago, almost to the day, which is actually insane. 2014 seems like forever ago. I've probably written over 300-400 chapters about Chasity crying over this and that and her and Axl and tours and drama and I just can't believe it. (Like I really don't have anything better to do???)

At this point, I can't help but make fun of Chas and her crying, it's been too long for me not to lmao. She feels like my best friend and also my child. She's grown with me, and I really never thought that I'd still be writing this damn story.

I've also never been so committed to an idea before Viperous and Serene. Like, this is the one project I've given everything I have to. I don't know how I'm not sick of it, but I'm so thankful that I love this story even more than I did when I first started writing it.

Sometimes, I ask myself how I even write this???? My life is NOTHING like Chasity's. I haven't even held somebody's hand in a romantic way (that's so embarrassing to say! no one call me out pls I'll die of shame!) But yet here I am, writing about making out with Axl Rose twenty five times and acting like I know everything about relationships and men!!! LMAO I just really can't believe it. Fake it till you make it (or research till you drop), I guess. I think I just love rockstars way too much and watch too many movies.

But even still, I didn't think that I had it in me to write like, a full novel over five years. Yes, its a fanfic, yes, it's on the internet, but I'm gonna give myself the credit for writing all the content I have, because it hasn't been easy. I've had to be my own hater 24/7, constantly analyzing my every word, hoping that I'm not fucking up this book the more I write. I have cried over this story many, many times for various reasons. All from simply THINKING up an idea of Chasity dying (it's not happening! just a stupid thing my brain suggested years ago that I haven't forgotten bc it was so sad) to hating everything I was writing for months. I have encountered more technical difficulties than I can count. This app has crashed so many times and deleted tons of chapters. I've written this entire story on my phone, every word of it. I had to endure feeling absolutely awful over the Duff and Chas situation when tons of people were sending me hate about it. For a while there, I thought that had completely ruined any chance I had of salvaging the book and rebuilding it.

But regardless of everything, I'd do it all over again!

And now I think it's time I talk about Axl, the man of the hour. My relationship with him is more complicated than mine with Chas, or any of the other people in Viperous, real and fiction. For a long time, I only liked my version of Axl, the one in Viperous and Serene. I thought that real life Axl was an abusive, bad person. I couldn't shake any of the bad things I had heard about him, or hold onto any of the good things. I felt like my version of Axl was everything irl Axl wasn't, and I didn't care that that would mean my interpretation of him was totally wrong.

Thank God for growth. I know I've said that before, but really, thank God that our opinions and views can change.

It was only recently that I've felt nothing but acceptance and admiration for Axl, every facet and version of him there is. It was unfair of me to hold him up higher than any other person, and judge him without mercy when at the same time, I was writing him as if he could do no wrong. You can't pick and choose qualities of people in real life, so why should I when writing? Why couldn't I see that by doing that, I was sucking out everything that makes him human?

I'll never know the truth of Axl's relationships, or his thoughts and feelings behind everything he's ever done. No one will. But now, with my more adult eyes, I see a version of Axl I never thought I would.

He's sweet and kind and strong and funny and incredibly smart, and he has flaws and has made mistakes. He's human, he's not some stripped version of himself. I see one Axl now. And I love him! Man, do I love him. Nearly as much as Chas does. My crush on that man has never been stronger than it is right now. Axl baby, I'm so sorry I was so mean ❤

Without him, I wouldn't have Chas. It was while thinking of him that my mind created her, and for that, he's somewhat to thank. It's because of my love for Axl and the rest of the band that I started writing Viperous. And it's because of your guys' love for Viperous that I kept writing it.

Every comment and vote keeps me going, and I really don't know if I would've made it to this point if I didn't have people cheering me or this story on. I'm so happy that people like it, and I'm not just shouting it out into the void. People have made me edits of Chas, Axl, Duff, and Michelle. They've given me incredible feedback that has helped so much. They've stuck by my side, even when I wasn't writing.

I recognize some of your usernames on here as some of the first readers of Viperous five years ago, and I wish I could give you all hugs and tell you thank you.

People have told me how this book has helped them, that they've showed it to their friends and they've started reading it, that it's something they look forward to. How much they love it, and love Chas. That like me, they've also cried over it. And also that they've fallen in love with it all over again, despite all the bullshit of Part Two books, and threesomes, and hiatuses, and slow updates, and a plethora of changes.

I also want to say thank you to the silent readers. I see you not commenting or voting! I'm sure you're just shy, but know that I see you, and if you ever want to comment or vote or message me, please do.

Thank you to everyone for so many reads. I'm unsure of what number is the real number Viperous has, all Wattpad shows me is a whopping (and terrifying) 100k+. Serene is around the same I think, which is absolute madness. There's in reality, around 400 or 500 of you that consistently read, and that's the number I'll actually accept (it's much less daunting, but still a lot!)

THANK YOU! Thank you for everything. Thank you to all the friends I've made from writing this story, everyone I've talked to, even the haters. Chas sends you all hugs, as do I.

The next chapter is coming soon. Updates are coming out as I'm writing chapters now, I'm not ahead. I don't want to say it'll be done next week or in a few days, because I really don't know. I'll post an update closer to when it's finished to my page, so make sure you're following me to get the notification.

Love you guys ❤