The Broken Badass part- 29

Avery's P.O.V. (One Week Later)

This past week has been complete hell. I have been very irritable and snapped at everyone for the smallest things and flinched at everything. I learned to just stay in my room and either read or listen to music to past the time, and all in all, I just wanted a drink. I wanted to feel the numbness that the alcohol gave me, but they threw out every last bottle. I had considered just going to a bar, but I knew they wouldn't let me leave the house without someone by my side.
I officially dropped out of high school since I never went anyways, and just decided to take a few online courses. Everyone has been on edge with me and decided to leave me alone, but I can't really blame them when I have been so hostile towards them.
My reading was interrupted when I heard a knock on my door.
I took a deep breath, "Come in," I said loud enough to be heard.
Jack opened the door and walked over to me.
"Hey," he whispered kissing my head.
"Hi," I whispered back.
"How are you doing?"
"Just peachy," I rolled my eyes.
He just chuckled and wrapped his arm around me to pull me closer; I immediately leaned into his touch.
"How are you really?"
"Scared," I told him honestly.
"Of what?"
"Myself, everything,...the meds aren't working," I told him for the first time.
"Do you wanna try a different type?"
"What if...what if nothing works? Then what?" I asked my voice trembling.
"We will figure it out, after all that has happened I'm not giving up now," he told me wrapping both arms around me and putting his chin on top of my head.
"I'm sorry for how I've been lately."
"It's not your fault," he told me.
"But it is! If I wasn't so fücked up none of this would be happening," I told him tears prickling my eyes threatening to escape.
"Don't talk like that, I love you and every part of you whether you think it's bad or not."
"I really do love you, whether I show it or not," I told him.
"I know, I love you too, so much."
I sighed into his chest.
"The urges are still there," I confessed there was always an itch in my arms. I didn't think it would be that hard stopping heroin, but I was on it for awhile nonstop. Cutting was even harder.
"I know it will get better I promise."
"How can you be so sure?"
"Because I know you and I know you are a fighter."
I smiled into his chest when an idea popped into my head.
"Hey, Jack?"
"Yes, love?"
"Will you come with me to get a new tattoo?"
"Another one?"
"Yeah."
"Of course I will."

We made it into the shop and we were greeted by a man with neon blue hair, sleeves of tattoos, and multiple piercings.
"Hello, I'm Connor how can I help you today?" He greeted us happily.
"H-hi, um I want to get a new tattoo," I told him cursing myself for stuttering.
"Okay, sounds great, do you have anything in mind?" He asked.
"Yeah, I do I wanted to get the words "Forever a Fighter" in calligraphy on my lower spine,

and then this rose at the bottom of it." I told him.

"Okay, let's get you set up

"Okay, let's get you set up. Follow me," he instructed.
We followed him to an empty room and I sat on the chair.
"I'm going to get the cleanser for your skin. It will probably take about two hours or so to finish. So take off your shirt and get comfortable." He told me then left the room.
I started to take off my shirt when I froze,
"Shit."
"What happened?" Jack asked.
"I forgot about my back?" I told him, showing him the bruises that were still there along with cuts and scars from whips, bullets, and knives.
"It will be fine, I promise, I doubt he will say anything," he promised and I nodded.
I took off my shirt and laid on my stomach, my head on top of my arms.
"Hey..." I heard Connor start probably looking at my back. I could practically feel Jack glare at him, daring him to say anything as I just closed my eyes as I squirmed uncomfortably in my seat.
Connor coughed and continued, "Okay I got the stuff and taking from your other tattoos I'm guessing you know how the process goes?"
"Yep," I mumbled.
"Okay, let's get started."
I heard him shuffle around and I felt the first prick of the needle and I just zoned out for the rest.

It took two and a half hours to finish and I completely loved it. We left after we paid and he went over how to take care of it since it was company policy.
When we got home we spent the rest of the day watching movies and just hiding in my room; with the occasional "hello" and "hi" from everyone else. We finished a movie and finally fell asleep.
************************************
This chapter is terrible I know I'm sorry I'm having horrible writer's block (it's is a real thing) but I got this down as a little filler and how Avery has been. On another note, we have reached 86K YAY! Thank you all I could not have done it without you!