Chapter 49: Shuuhei's memory

____Flashback continue 1 year later____

~Shuuhei pov ~

"Shuuhei, I caught a sea star!"

I was in the lake fishing with Kate when I heard her yell and I lost the fish I was trying to catch

"Kate you messed me up!"

"Pay attention to your own business then mister"

she giggled and I sighed.

I got out to relax for a quick moment when Kate all of a sudden started running to the house, i looked behind me at the house and saw Ma.

i call her mom because she basicly adopted me but I kept my last name Hisagi because I still want to have my fathers name.

I smiled and started running to mom. she was sitting on the back porch smiling at us.

when we got there we looked at her. mom is the kindest woman in the world. then Kate started to get sick

"Mama, my tummy is-"

she covered her mouth and ran in the house to the bathroom

Kate gets sick a lot since unlike most kids here. Kate has an actual body, and since she's so small and young high reitsu amounts makes her body react harshly.

mom sighed then looked at me.

today she had her soul reaper uniform on and a crystal necklace that was blue on

mom is a soul reaper but long ago she went in the "Hidden" so she could raise Kate.

I looked at her oddly and noticed she didnt have her sword

"mom, why don't you have a sword?"

I asked her then she put her necklace in her hand

"See in the Hitsugaya family, Women who are born into the family get a zampaktou when they first become soul reapers, but there's a family trait that turns it into a crystal."

"What's the trait?"

I asked again and she held the necklace higher

"The women get a sacred power called Elemental Star Power, or we just call ESP, its basicly a very tricky power that is hard to control, but over time it becomes more dangerous to have"

she said lowering her eyes

"why is it dangerous?"

"There are people, even demons that will try to steal the power, and little did some of my ancestors know, when your star power is taken, you die, these crystals are like our zampaktou, and seal, it seals the power inside and rejects any other people who try to touch it with out star power or cloth get burned severely"

I widened my eyes and look at it.

"How long have you had that crystal mom?"

i asked then she smiled down at it

"It was given to me by my mother, its a family air loom, someday I'll give it to Kate"

"But mom I have another question"

I said then she smiled nodding

"What if Kate like, doesn't have an ice element? will it reject her or?"

"Shuuhei, when I die the crystal will become white which means it will not have my power and Kate's power will go into it"

she said and i yelled

"Your not going to die, i-ill protect you AND Kate-!"

she hugged me and smiled rubbing my head