Chapter One

Chapter One: Planning
Daisy
***

For as long as I can remember, I've always been in love with the idea of being in love.

...
"One day, a young man will come to you...but he will not be just any boy," My Father said with a shake of his head and his smile reaching his eyes "This boy will be your mate, a young man made specifically by the fates themselves, he will be your other half and once together he will complete you in every way...you'll get married and walk through life together as one, and you will know no happiness like the happiness you experience with your mate."

"When will I meet him?"

My Father smiled on as he tucked me in. "You will meet him after you're 17, when you shift..so you've still got a long way to go."

I pouted and he chuckled, "Go to sleep little one, have sweet dreams and may the moon goddess always protect you."
...

I smiled as I thought back onto that memory from several years ago.

"Daisy." My mother scolded "Pay attention or I will choose what I want for you."

"Yes ma'am, and my apologies Ms. Wyndham." I smiled at the party planner my mother had hired for my seventeenth birthday party.

"As I was saying." My mother sounded, "I want it to be top of the line, of course this is my daughters day and her father wants her to have anything and everything that she wants, but I only ask that we keep it as classy and upscale as possible...keep in mind that my husband has invited some of the most elite members throughout out his inner circle."

"Yes Luna...Daisy dear, did you have any sort of theme or color scheme in mind?"

I smiled, "You don't know how long I've waited to have this party...and I really want a mature feel, nothing too over the top." I said excitedly.

My mother and the wedding planner nodded as the wedding planner made a note of my words.

"Soft muted tones, candle light, fresh flowers... gerber daisies of course with touches of various wildflowers mixed in...I've always adored my mothers wedding china, so with her permission I'd like to use that and essentially base the dinnerware around that pattern and style."

"Absolutely Daisy." My mother smiled adoringly. "This reminds me, we will be having a sit down dinner before the presentation, black tie of course...and lastly the party will follow."

"How many are we expecting for the dinner, and will we need a seating chart?" Ms Wyndham asked her.

"15 dinner guests; My husand, myself and Daisy alongside the Alphas and Betas my husband has invited as a sign of respect as well as a thank you...and I will personally handle the seating chart...that being said, we should have a setting for 20 just incase someone shows last minute."

"Yes ma'am." She said writing once again. "Do you have a caterer in mind or did you need one?"

"We will use our cooks for the dinner, and a local baker has offered his services for the Hors d'oeuvre and party pastries as well as our Daisy's cake."

"Perfect, so we have the dinner set and I think I have the main layout for the party in mind, just small details to get through before moving onto fabrics and furniture...so, for the presentation I was thinking to keep it simple as Daisy will be the main focus for this portion, after her first shift she will come in, get dressed, and upon her arrival as a new member of the pack we will cue the music and lights and this will kick off the party."Ms Wyndham said smartly.

I liked that she had a sort of itinerary of the way she wanted the night to go.

"So, will you be having a live band or a DJ?"

"DJ...I know it isn't as refined but the DJ can play a variety of music plus most of my...distinguished guests will more than likely be with my father inside."

"Daisy is right, The dinner is formal since she is an Alpha's daughter, and the presentation is the right of passage tradition, but the party is for her and her friends, so this part of the night should be more light hearted and reflect that she's a new 17 year old." My mother put in as she took hold of my hand.

"I'll let you both discuss the small details like fabrics and candle heights, if you don't mind?"

My mother had no objections and I excused myself and made my way up to my sister's room.

I didn't bother knocking as I knew she wouldn't mind as much as our brother Linden.

"Can I come in?" I asked jokingly.

Anise turned and looked at me, a pretty smile lifted her cheeks as she shook her head and rolled her eyes "You're already in...what's up?"

I shrugged, "Just finished up with mom and the party planner downstairs."

She smiled again, "It's exciting isn't it?" She asked with a dreamy state now filling her face. "I can't believe it's been five years since I had my own 17th birthday party...oh it was pure magic."

I recalled how gorgeous my sister looked that day, she just seemed the picture of perfection as she was presented to the pack, and of course her party was seriously amazing, then again I was only 12 and my parents made me go to bed at 10 o'clock.

"I remember how swept up I got in it all, so much was happening all at once and all eyes were on me but I enjoyed it so much...the best part hands down, finding my mate the next day."

At this I looked at her in awe, I wished with everything in me that I could find my mate just like her.

"Have you two finally set a date?" I asked about her wedding.

She looked down at her lovely engagement ring and smiled, "He's dying to get married already, but I've always wanted a fall wedding."

Why those two decided to willing have a long engagement alluded us all, but knowing how sweet Anise is, no doubt the romantic in her wanted to get to know her mate personally first.