Sixty Three

Chapter Sixty Three: Weighing Heavy
Daisy
***

When I got home that evening I put the groceries for the week away before heading upstairs to get ready for the my night out.

It had been a while since Cade and I had gotten to go out and just have a nice date, I smiled as I recalled our evening for the charity event he has asked me to accompany with him...it felt so long ago now.

I walked into our bedroom and went straight into the closet, Cade hadn't told me where exactly he was taking me this evening but he did request I wear a dress, and I figured I could take it a step more by picking a tight red cocktial dress.

I figured he'd appreciate it.

I showered and took care in styling my hair and doing my makeup, and by the time I was ready to get into my outfit of choice I had exited the restroom and found Cade in the bedroom.

I smiled and blushed a little to be caught in just my robe.

Yes we are quite comfortable with each other and know one another very, very well...I didn't miss the fact that his eyes had begun to darken as he must've realized I was either fully nude or wearing nothing but underwear under the mid-thigh length robe.

"Hello Love, I wasn't expecting you so soon." I said as he walked over to me, He placed his hands on my hips and I tilted my head up. He brought his mouth down to mine and placed the sweetest kiss upon my lips.

I smiled and looked at him as he spoke.

"I wrapped everything up early so I could hurry home to you."

"Well, while you look great as always, I still have to get dressed." I informed him.

"Or...and hear me out, maybe Your mate could help you get undressed."

I smiled at his cheeky suggestion but shook my head, "My Mate promised me a date tonight, and I didn't get pretty just to end up staying home."

He wrinkled his nose, "Fine My Flower, But I will possess you this evening in every way possible." He growled playfully before he kissed my cheek and left the room so that I could finished getting ready.

I laughed lightly and shook my head. As I got out of my robe and into my dress I looked at myself in the mirror..."I'm putting on weight." I sounded a little self conscously as I noticed my butt looked a little bigger.

'Mate likes it.'

I smirked, "he might, but I'm not the biggest fan of it."

'Should get use to it.'

I rolled my eyes.

'Body will change when babies come.'

"That won't be happening for a while." I added slighlty humored as I knew I was on birth control, "You know that."

She growled and went silent on me, I got into my heels but my wolf's words had lingered...of course I know my body will change when I do get pregnant...I hadn't really talked about pregnancy and children in detail with Cade.

I mean sure we had both mentioned wanting children, but how long after we're married should we start, and how many children are we talking about?

I stood up and gave myself a once over one last time before I grabbed a purse to match and then made my way down stairs.

He stood up from the sofa as he watched me  one down the stairs, I watched as his face changed from a look of pure awe to the usual handsome smirk as I made my way to him, "ready to go?"

"I don't know how it's possible, but I'm pretty sure I fall in love with you more and more every day, do you know that?" He asked cutely before kissing me once more and escorting me out the house.

He locked up behind us and then opened the passenger door for me, "Miss Daisy." He said as He held his hand out to help me into the car.

I smiled giddily as flashbacks of our first encounters came forward, he had always been so lovely toward me.

"Thank you Alpha Cade."

He snickered at the formality but smirked before closing my door and jogging over to the drivers side, once in he started up  his car and took ahold of my hand and we were finally off for our date.

"I don't think I'll ever get use to how amazing the City looks at night." I sighed contently as I looked out as the brilliant lights lit up the various buildings.

He looked at me and smiled, "And I will never grow tired of seeing your excitment." He said as he kissed the back of my hand and drove on.

Of course we reached the restaraunt relatively quickly, Cade let the Valet get our doors and take the car while he took care in taking my hand once again and getting the door for the both of us.

We were seated immediately, to which my ever loving Mate took the chance to personally pull out my chair, and then once seated he bent down (even amongst the onlookers in the restauraunt) whispered. "You look perfect tonight" before he placed a lovely sweet kiss upon my temple.

As I sat there blushing slightly but mostly adoringly looking at my mate, Cade ordered a bottle of wine for the both of us before he gave me his full attention.

"So." He sounded.

"So." I mimicked his nonchalant approach.

"Thanks for letting me bring out tonight."

I shrugged smoothly, "Thank you for inviting me out...it's been awhile."

"It has...I'm sorry." He sounded a little upset with himself now.

"Don't be...We've been busy having fun with other stuff, but it's always a treat to get to have you to myself every now and again."

"Thank you, so how's work?" He asked me smiling.

"Well I love it, and the kids as you know are amazing..."

He nodded.

"I actually had a call today, from your old school."

"Oh yeah?" He asked, "They need something?"

"Just inviting us to an alumni dinner in a few months...I hope you don't mind but I said we'd be happy to attend."

He smiled, "Why would I mind My Flower... that's another night that I get to spend with my Gorgeous Mate and make everyone else jealous that you aren't theirs."

"Well we won't be alone as I was thinking of taking Wren?"

He smirked, "Yeah...you still trying to get him into the school?"

I nodded, "To be honest they rejected him...or wait-listed him...I don't know but I really think it's because he doesn't have an important last name."

"In other words because he's an orphan?"

"I know I'm probably being silly, but I figured if maybe the people in charge see him with us, maybe he can get in simply by connection alone." I admitted to him.

"Or while we're there I can suggest to the school that they take on a great kid like Wren." He put in with a small smirk.

"You're amazing Cade Irons."

He shrugged. "Wren is a really amazing kid, and he's got skills on the piano which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for some of the trustfunders currently going..." he said before taking a sip of his wine. "You know, maybe it's time my company started up some sort of a scholarship for kids who actually deserve to be there and might not be able to afford the tuition."

I genuinely love this man.

"I can't wait to marry You." I smiled.