Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five: Ours
Daisy
***

As we walked through the more laid back part of his town Cade had no problem holding my hand in town.

As he showed me this and that and acted so naturally and comfortably I couldn't shake from my mind that he had just asked me to be the Luna of his pack.

Of course I was excited to know that he liked me enough to want me to be his Luna...but more so I knew what that would entail.

Me marrying him, me taking his mark, me being presented as his Luna of the pack...all things that up until now i had thought I lost when I was rejected.

My heart ached a little as I remembered that I still had to tell Cade about my rejection.

I looked at him and he smiled, His smile soothed the ache of sadness within me.

While I knew I needed to tell him, it didn't have to be today...I didn't want to ruin today by bringing that up, plus I didn't want him to feel like he had to tell me about his mate by my telling him about mine.

Although I can't help but wonder what did actually happen to her?

Of course I wouldn't ask him, he had expressed his discomfort on the subject back home in Sunderland.

'Home.'

I looked around the beautiful town and tried to think of this place as home.

I imagined what It would be like to be able to just walk into Our home, and sleep in Our bedroom (without having to pretend to be asleep), not having to go to the guest room for my belongings, but having them alongside his in Our closet.

Waking up in Our bed, cooking together in Our kitchen, leaving my heels by Our front door after a long day.

I thought about dinner last night with Blithe and Ieston and how easy everything was and this place, just how spectacular it all is...

Then there was Cade himself.

I smiled as I thought about being Cade's wife.

Something tells me that being his wife would be easy and fun and he'd never make me feel for one minute like I was someones second choice.

And I would love him, and more than anything he will have been the husband that my wolf and I chose and  accepted, not someone picked out of a lineup of alphas accrued by my parents, and not someone the fates said I was suppose to be with.

'Cade is Good.'

I smiled as I agreed with my wolf.

'Good Alpha, Good Husband.'

I looked at him as he was looking at something in one of the windows of the store we were passing.

I nodded along with her.

'Just accept him.'

I shook my head this time we both knew before we could accept Cade as our new Alpha that Cade and I needed to have a serious conversation, and I was being too selfish right now.

I just wanted another day of untainted happiness alongside Cade.

'It has to be tomorrow.'

I sighed as I knew she was right.

"You okay?" He asked as he looked at me with soft concern in his eyes.

I smiled at him, "Just thinking that it's getting close to lunch time."

He smirked and nodded, "You're right...I guess I should probably feed you."

I nodded now, "Yeah I typically require at least three meals a day, along with couple of snacks here and there as well."

He overly dramatically rolled his eyes and sigh, "You know if I'd of known you would've required so much I would have never asked you to come." He smirked and then winked at me, "Come on, Theres a great Mom and Pop restaurant not too far from here...it's called Momma's"

"What kind of food do they have."

"It's pretty homestyle, comfort food...best thing about this place is that they don't have menus because what she makes is what you get."

"Really?" I asked a little humored.

"Yep so you don't know if you're getting Meatloaf and mashed potatoes, or homemade chili and cornbread, chicken and dumplings, or fried catfish...same with the desserts."

"Sounds interesting, what if you don't like what they offer for the day?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Then you go somehwere else...but it's funny really, sometimes you don't know what it is you want until it's placed right in front of you."

I blushed and he stole a kiss before we continued on our way to this place he talked about.

Before we entered the place they had an easel chalkboard baring the words:

Breakfast (5-10am):

Hot Cakes & BaconLunch (11-4pm): Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, and Green BeansDinner (5-10pm):Beef Strogonoff and Braised Red Cabbage

"You want to grab lunch here or do you want something else?"

"Yeah, fried chicken sounds good...but i'm not too sure about the dinner option."

He looked and shook his head. "...Yeah I don't think I'm a Braised Cabbage sorta guy." He said making me sorta laugh and swoon at the same time, "Plus we should be back home by dinner time anyways."

'Home.' My wolf sounded completely contented.

Of course I had also picked up on it, but he seemed not to have even noticed as he let go of my hand to open the door for me, I walked in and he followed right behind me, comfortably placing a hand on my lower back and guiding me to an empty table.

Much like this diner Cade was so simple and easy going, and I think that's one of the things I like about him.

He's not one of those power hungry, narcassistic, inflated ego Alphas...and as great an Alpha as I'm sure he is, I know that no Alpha can have a fully functioning pack without a Luna.

"Cade Irons..." I said as I sat back comfortably in my seat and looked at him.

"Yes?" He asked as he mimicked my tone.

I held back a giggle, he had an amazing way of always making me smile, and giggle, and blush...it was honestly kind of embarrassing sometimes.

"Alpha Irons...You know you could have any girl you want."

"There's only one that I do want, and maybe by chance this mornings conversation may have been a bad idea?" He asked, a slight look of worry touched his face.

I shook my head, "No, I'm glad you opened up this morning and it's given me a lot to think about but definitely not something I would easily dismiss or just write off completely...but I 'm also hesitant to just jump into the deep end."

"The deep end huh?"He smirked.

I shrugged, "Well I mean...it's kinda only for life so no biggie." I said playfully.

I found when things were getting too serious I tend to make light of the situation by still acknowledging it, but not stressing about it.

He smiled softly, "Thank you...for actually considering it...and like I said Little flower, you are special and no other girl could hold the same amount of interest as you do for me and my wolf."

His words were sweet and I knew he meant them.

Just then the waitress came and took our drink orders before she brought a basket of rolls and our drinks before we waited for our lunch.