Forty Three

Chapter Forty Three: Daisy
Cade
***

"I love her..." I admitted to Alpha Hugo as I stood in his office, he was holding the ring I was planning on proposing to Daisy with. "And I don't give a shit about alliances or pack perks or any of that shit...she is the only thing that I need, she is the only person I want and if for some reason she could feel the same way about me...I want to ask her to be my wife as well as my Luna."

He sat behind his desk silently taking in everything I was saying in.

I felt like a lunatic, professing my love for a girl who probably hates me, someone I pushed away..."Sir I don't know if Daisy will accept me as her husband but I have to ask...I have to try...I couldn't live with myself if I didn't at least let her know how I feel about her."

"The thing about it son...Daisy's a tough girl, very strong-willed and does things on her own...sorta been forced to, now not a lot of people know this but our Daisy was rejected...damnedest thing, the asshole played on the fact that she was so young and impressionable, she never even saw him, but...instead of letting it break her she grew from it."

He smiled a sad sort of smile, "Yes she was sad for a very long time, she was resentful, and jealous of every couple around her...but it made her tough, smart, and independent... that being said son, it's not a matter of me giving my blessing...you've already got that by having Daisy put enough trust in you to join you on your trip because she would NEVER have gone had she felt you untrustworthy, but if you feel like this is something Daisy would want then I would say go for it...but you'd better be sure, because with Daisy you will only get one shot."

I shook my head, "She's the only one for me sir, so with all due respect sir I will ask for her to join me for the rest of my life if that's what it takes...unless she finds someone else."

He nodded, "The women will be gone all weekend, They should be getting back on Sunday...-"

"I-If I could stay sir, I told my wolf we wouldn't leave until we saw her and got an answer."

He rose from his seat and nodded, "My wife keeps our guest rooms ready, you go grab your luggage and you'll stay here."

"I didn't bring anything with me...I'll just grab some things in town and then be back, i'll grab dinner while I'm out as well so you don't have worry about me."

"Door will be open, just let yourself in, I have patrols tonight so I won't be ack until late this evening." He said before he walked from behind his desk, clapped me on the back and showed me to the room I'd be staying in.

I made my way back to my car and drove into town.

A wave of sadness and nostalgia hit me simultaniously.

This was the first time since meeting Daisy that I was driving around these streets without her even here.

Knowing she wasn't in town made Sunderland feel empty.

I stopped at a general store and picked up some clothes for the weekend, toiletries (including a shaving kit since Daisy likes my facial hair more groomed), and a charger for my cellphone.

I paid and put everything into the trunk before I went into a small bistro style place.

"Would you like to eat indoors or out on the patio Sir?"

I looked at the girl, she was actually vaguely familiar, "Outside please."

She smiled and nodded before she picked up a menu and showed me to the outdoor dining area. The minute I took a seat at the table I realized why the girl seemed familiar.

I looked at the small jar of wildflowers and smiled, this was Daisy's bistro.

"Here's your menu sir."

I shook my head, "I know what I want."

_____

As I made my way upstairs to the room Alpha Hugo said I'd be staying in I stopped when my wolf and I picked up on Daisy's scent.

My heart began to race and despite my better judgment I opened the door that housed her scent.

I walked into the room and found it empty. But this was Daisy's room, this was everything that was her, things she liked, things she treasured and held dear.

It wasn't overly girly, she had her bed of course and a makeup table with various makeup and hair products. A bookshelf with books, photos, and even a couple of trinkets like medals and mums.

I walked aruond the space and could get a feel of her life before me as she had many pictures with friends and family, she was always smiling or laughing, she was happy and it made me smile.

Then my smile fell as I remembered the way she looked when I asked her to leave.

I had hurt her, and Blithe had mentioned she cried, I was no better than Ieston.

I walked out of her room and made my way to the room Alpha Hugo showed me earlier and I hid away for the night.

I got out of the clothes I was wearing and pulled the comforter back, I couldn't get comfortable...for one this was a new place to my wolf and I and for two I had grown use to having Daisy next to us...if she were here no doubt i'd be more at ease and much more comfortable.

I closed my eyes and felt as my wolf whined, he missed her just like I did.

'Hope she's okay.'

"Me too."

'Hope she wants us.'

"Even if she doesn't, she still deserves happiness."

'With someone else?' He growled.

"We can't get in her way of happiness." I sighed "Even if it isn't with us."

'We will fight for her.'

"If she doesn't want us to then we won't....no matter how much I want to be with her, I won't hurt her further."

__________

A/N: Before anyone asks, when Cade's talking about her "trinkets like medals and mums"

Medals: Choir medals as the Brooks children could all sing and Daisy and her sister were in Choir throughout their schooling.

Mums: Mums are more of a southern tradition more so Texas (other states and regions may also have them but i'm from Texas so I know for sure it's a Texas thing) This is a Homecoming tradition where a girl wears a huge adornment/accessory to show school spirit made primarily of various cloth and ribbons, the center of the mum is made to resemble a large chrysanthemums and as this is for football the colors of the mum usually reflect the school colors...sorry it's a poor description, if you still have trouble understanding please google: Homecoming mums.

Homecoming... I know some may also not know what homecoming is so: Homecoming is a North American event in high/college/university in American Football when our "home"/school team plays a series of "away" games (meaning they play other teams at the opposing teams "home field") and the Home team comes home and plays the opposing team on the home teams home field, usually a celebrations in the form of a dance follows after the game. (Say home again lol...sorry I'm cheesy.)

Again I'm sure Google can explain these things much better than I can if you're still confused or intrested just google it lol.