Forty

Chapter Forty- Alone
Daisy
***

When we drove up the driveway to the pack house my mother opened the door to curiously inspect the unknown car.

I unbuckled the seatbelt and hopped out of the car. "Mom." I said with a genuine smile once again.

Thankfully I had stopped crying after our last stop and rested a little to give my eyes a break.

My mom pulled me into a tight hug and it was just what I needed.

"Oh my sweet girl how I've missed you." She said lovingly as she stepped back to look at me.

Just then Blithe stepped forward. "Hello I'm Blithe Wells."

"Oh Mom, this is Alpha Irons' cousin Blithe, she is the one who opened her home up to me and allowed me to stay with her while I was in Ironside."

Blithe smiled as she shook my mother's hand.

It was the cover story Cade and I had given my parents and I knew no matter how left out she felt at the moment, Blithe wouldn't blow my cover.

"It's a pleasure to meet you and thank you for taking care of our girl...it isn't always easy for us to have her away."

"We loved having her, I only wish she would've chosen to stay longer." Blithe said.

I picked up on her meaning, no doubt Cade had spoken to his cousin about asking me to become his Luna and it was a topic I didn't feel like thinking about without getting emotional again.

"I asked Blithe to stay the night, I'd hate to have her drive through the night." I said to get Blithe's comment off of me.

"Of course, please allow us to invite you to stay here...We have plenty of rooms but I can turn down my Daughters old room for you in a few minutes...it's much more comfortable than some of the guest rooms."

"Thank you so much Luna Brooks."

Soon mom went in and Blithe helped me with my bag.

"Look I'm not going to ask why you chose to leave but I know what I saw between you and Cade and I know it was real, and I know you're exactly what he needs...-"

"I'm not running away Blithe..." I confessed sadly. "I was asked to leave, so once again I'll say to talk to Cade and Ieston because I'm done talking about it altogether... and the only way I'd ever go back to the pack would be to speak with Alpha Irons and that's it." I said as I grabbed my suitcase and made my way into the house.

I watched as she pulled out her cellphone and put it to her ear I stood there watching as her normally bubbly demeanor was much more tight and frustrated now.

"Hey...Do you want to guess where I'm at right now?" She asked. "No, and I had that meeting that I will now have to reschedule by the way...no I'm in Sunderland...tell me what in the hell is going on." She growled into the phone.

She looked in my direction but ignored me.

"Ieston Wells, you tell me why Cade sent Daisy away right now or so help me...what do you mean it isn't my business, she's my friend...I'm staying the night so don't try an order me home, I won't leave her like this, she was completely heartbroken on the drive up."

That was my que to leave her and make my way inside.

My mom was coming down the stairs when I walked in and hugged me once again. She noticed I was alone and she looked at me.

"You didn't have a good time?" She guessed at my saddened state.

"I had a wonderful time Mom, I'm just a little sad to be back so suddenly." I admitted..."Blithe's on the phone but i'm going up to my room, I need a bath and just want to relax ya know?"

She nodded and let me pass, I did as I said and went up to my room where I could cry in peace and think about everthing that had happened today.

I filled the tub up and sat right in the middle "Why would he do that?" I asked myself, I just couldn't understand why Ieston would go and ruin everything.

"He rejected me...I'm nothing to him anymore."

'Jealousy.'

I shook my head "That's so stupid...he's so selfish."

'Idiot.'

"Cade didn't even want to listen to me..."

'Give him time.'

"Why should I?" I asked.

'He's hurt too.'
'You love him.'

I hugged my knees to my chest and cried.

I knew my wolf was right but it hurt so much. I never thought anything could hurt like my mate rejecting me...but being pushed away by someone you had given your whole heart to hurt so much more because I chose to put my trust in him.

I let the warm water try and wash away the day, for as shitty as I felt right now, I knew it'd only get worse before the weekend was over...when I spoke to my sister back at Cade's house she had not only informed me of her pregnancy but also invited me to her baby shower.

I sighed, I knew I'd have to face a hoard of She wolves alone and for the first time in a while, I wouldn't have Cade for support.

_____

Cade

When the sun set I decided to go home knowing Ieston wouldn't be back until to tonight and with Blithe out of town I knew he'd try and avoid me at all costs anyways.

"Good night Alpha." a couple of my pack members said as I passed.

"If anyone sees Ieston tell him I'm looking for him." I said to no one in particular knowing they'd all relay my message. "I want him to report to me first thing in the morning."

I drove with my music blaring and my whole mind set on getting home.

Still angry with the whole fucking situation I pulled up to my house with raging thoughts, I killed my engine and got off, I stomped up the steps and after unlocking the door barged in ready to slam the door behind me.

But as I walked in my eyes automatically went down and my anger completely subsided not at what I saw...but rather at what I didn't see.

Her heels weren't there.

Daisy had a habit of taking her heels off first thing when she'd get home and every evening when I'd get home I'd see a different pair sitting there as I put my breifcase down and set my keys to the side or skimmed through my mail.

I closed the door and let out a long sigh.

She wasn't here and I'm the one who asked her to leave so I had no right to be hurt by her sudden absence.

I walked into the kitchen to make myself somehting for dinner, but when I past the sink my heart fell.

There were the dirty dishes from our breakfast this morning.

2 cups, 2 plates, 2 forks...

I sighed, I suddenly wasn't in the mood for eating anymore so I went up to my bedroom.

It was the worst mistake I could make right now.

As I sat on the edge of my bed I put my elbows on my knees and rested my head in my hands.

"How could I let this happen?"

'We fell in love.'

Even though I had asked Daisy to leave, it didn't take away from the fact that the ghost of her presence still lingered in my space.

'Let's go to her...bring her home.'

I shook my head, "I have to figure this shit out...I can't hurt her any more than I'm sure I already have."

My wolf whined and I laid down, I immediately turned onto my side and looked over at the empty space next to me...her side of the bed.

I sighed and rolled over so that my back was to the empty spot and closed my eyes..."fucking Ieston." I growled.