Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: Options
Daisy
***

"You've got to be shitting me!" Linden growled.

"Linden calm down." I sighed the next morning, as I rubbed my temples...apparently I had an emotional hangover from all the crying I did before I fell asleep last night. "I asked you and Anise to breakfast to tell you this because you're my siblings and you both deserve to know the truth."

I looked at my sister, tears filling her eyes but she refused to speak.

"What are mom and dad gonna do?" He asked.

I shrugged, "What can they do?"

"What are you gonna do?" He continued.

I sighed, "I don't know," I confessed. "Mom says no one has to know, that I'll get proposals still from Alpha's looking for a Luna."

"You can't marry just anybody." Anise finally spoke up.

"I don't have much of a choice...it sucks but I can't be Mom and Dad's burden for the rest of my life, plus I was always suppose to marry a high ranking Were anyways...this way I suppose it'll be my choice." I said trying to see the silver lining in the situation.

"But it's not your mate." She tried to argue.

"And it never will be her mate, But Daisy's right" Linden sounded gently. "Dad will expect her to marry, and more so, I have no doubt that he'll be setting up the best arrangements for you Daisy."

I knew he was right.

"Daisy isn't some chess piece for Mom and Dad to move around at their will."

"Look, I don't have a mate...I have to get married, The pack needs an alliance...If the pack needs a strong alliance and I need a husband then I see no harm in it."

"Except your unhappiness." My sister protested.

"Anise I love you, and I love that you care so much and I don't think I will ever know a love like I would have had if I were marrying my mate, but I think I can still have a happy and safe life, if respect can grow into caring then maybe it can also grow into love...but don't think I'm so naive to think it's going to be easy and the guy will love me instantly."

They both remained quiet so I continued.

"I understand that whoever I marry will also be without their mate for whatever reason...so I know it will be difficult for the both of us, but in the end we can connect on the fact that we both know that heartache."

_____

As time went on the pain of being rejected dulled.

With the months that passed I learned to deal with the heartache for the most part...of course to see couples would send a pang of jealousy through my heart, but in the past few months I've lerned to push it out of my thoughts.

"Are you ready?" Anise asked excitedly from behind the white curtain.

"Yes!" Mom and I sounded excitedly.

Anise moved the curtain and walked towards us, Mom and I sat there in awe as she positioned herself on the podium.

"Oh Anise." I said completely speechless now.

"You look stunning." Our Mother put in.

The consultant came into view carrying a long veil and pinning it into place.

"You guys like it?" Anise asked sweetly.

The dress had a runway couture feel to it, which of course was Anise all the way.