Fifty One

Chapter Fifty One: Mates pt. One
Cade
***

I didn't have to be Daisy's mate to know she was nervous, I hated that I couldn't shield her from this, but I knew my Daisy well enough to know that once inside she'd switch it up and seem unfazed.

As much as I hated knowing she had to do this in the first place, I knew we'd be better off for it in the long run.

I didn't want this fucker anywhere near my Daisy, and now he'd have no baseless claim to even call her his.

'She's ours.' My wolf growled defensively.

I nodded and walked Daisy and I into the pack house. Of course there were various people walking around and stopped what they were doing to acknowledge us.

Blithe and Ieston were amongst them.

I didn't have to call for them as they moved to join Daisy and I in the War Room.

I took a seat behind my desk and Daisy stood next to me, but before I could grab her hand for support she had moved to cross her arms over her chest. Standing tall, she looked fierce ...beautiful, but fierce.

Blithe entered and took a seat in front of my desk, looking between Daisy and myself, and Ieston followed, taking his time to close the door behind him. He took a seat next to Blithe but his eyes were glued to Daisy.

"First off I want to apologize to you Blithe." Daisy said now looking at my cousin.

Blithe shook her head, "Please Daisy you don't...-"

"I do..." Daisy stopped her from protesting. "I should have told you the truth...as a friend I should have confided in you that I was rejected and maybe this wouldn't have come as such a shock...I want you to know I did not know who my mate was although I'm sure you've been properly filled in on the details..."

My cousin nodded, and the whole time Ieston remained looking at Our Daisy.

My wolf was growing aggitated.

But I knew this was Daisy's moment and I wouldn't take that away from her.

"Despite everything that's happend I would love to remain friends Blithe, But I also understand if it's too hard to be friends with me afer all of this."

_____

Daisy

Blithe smiled a tear-filled smile and nodded, "Of course We will be friends."

I smiled and nodded before turning my attention to Ieston.

"Ieston..."

He was already looking at me, but now his eyes met mine, and it was honestly the first time I've ever really saw him, as he normally held his gaze downward or avoided looking at me.

"For a very long time I practiced what I would say to you if I ever found out who you were...I told myself that I would hate you and make you feel every ounce of pain that I've had to endure alone for years on in..."

I shook my head, "But looking at you now I can't do anything but feel sorry for you." I admitted, "despite the time that passed I never could quite shake the lingering questions...always wondering why I wasn't good enough, what was so wrong with me that my own mate would just discard me, but I know I am good enough and I do t happen to think there is anything wrong with me and now I know I deserve so much better than you and fortunately have found someone so much better than you and more so I'm Happy and Thankful for the unknown gift you've given me."

He looked at me with confusion.

"Yes Ieston, I want to thank you...now don't be mistaken I will probably never forget what you did, and I don't think I could ever forgive you for it, but I am thankful to you because if you had never rejected me, I would have been just like everyone else and settled for a mate that knew nothing about me...I would have never known my true worth, and I would have never even thought to have a choice when it came to my life and how I live it, So thank you for releasing me and allowing me to grow and learn and find my own voice and fufill my own personal destiny."