Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four: Take a Hike
Cade
***

"Just in time." I said as we finally reached the outskirts of the city and the edge of my pack.

I walked over to a large boulder and took a seat, bringing Daisy onto my lap.

She looked out just as the sun was rising and shining down on my entire pack.

"It's beautiful Cade."

I rested my chin on her shoulder..."It's my reminder for why I work so hard, what it's all worth at the end of the day."

"You said this was your favorite place?"

"I did..." I confessed before I let out a deep breath through my nose, "it's where I'd come to get away from my dad...the furthest I could get without officially leaving the pack,  but even then I'd look out out the packs lands and knew why I had to deal with my dad."

"I wish I could save you from your past." She said softly.

I turned my head a little and kissed her cheek, "those are just ghosts now Daisy, but...-"

I knew I was sorta putting it all on the line here but I knew my time with her was limited and I needed her to know I was serious about her.

"Maybe you can help me with my future." I sounded confidently. "It's no secret that I care for you Daisy, and yeah it's been a whirlwind sorta gig...but it's real, and you bring out parts of me that I had hid away a long time ago...you my little flower are so unique and honestly I can't think of anyone else I'd want alongside me helping me run my pack."

"Cade..." She sounded.

"Now don't give me an answer now or anything, this is serious and I know it requires a lot of though so I do want you to honestly give it your full attention throughout your stay and give me an answer before you take off next week...you can either go back home or stay here with me." I suggested. "In the meantime though...I want to just keep having fun with you and getting to know you more and more every day."

"What if you find out there's nothing special or unique about me after all, that I'm no little flower but an unwanted weed?"

I smirked and kissed her temple before I shook my head, "I find it hard to believe you'd ever be unwanted by anyone...and you will always be my own exquisite little flower."

She closed her eyes and smiled faintly before she rested her head against the crook of my neck. I let my cheek rest against her head as I looked out at my pack.

We sat there a while longer just enjoying being with one another before I gave her thigh a pat, "you ready to go?"

She nodded and we headed back to the house to get ready before we took off to the North part of my pack for the day.

_____

"How would you feel about me introducing you to my pack?" I asked as we drive into town.

"I mean...not that I'm opposed to it, but generally only high ranking pack officials are presented to the packs."

I shrugged, "my pack my rules."

She smirked and shook her head, "why do you want you?"

"Because I don't know how long you'll be here and if it is longer...and I hope it is by the way, I'd like my pack members to recognize that you're not only a guest to the pack but a personal friend of mine." I filled her in, "and yes I'd introduce you as my friend not because I'm ashamed of you or trying to keep you a secret so please don't start thinking that...I'd introduce you as such because I don't want you to feel any pressures about my earlier suggestion...plus I'd like to think we started off as friends, no?"

"We did, and we are friends." She agreed.

"Close friends." I amended.

She laughed, "yes close friends who kiss and share a bed..."

"In our underwear." I whispered teasingly."

"Excuse me." She feigned hurt, "I have not slept in your bed in just my underwear."

"Well...your dress may have gone up a couple of times last night, but I'm not one to complain really."

She smacked my arm and I laughed, "I'm kidding, you are actually a really peaceful sleeper so you don't move around too much in your sleep."

"Really, I'm usually all over the place back at my parents house."

I had noticed she hadn't said "back home." A good sign or an oversight?

'Relax.'
'Don't over think things.'

I nodded and drove on.

"Alright how about a compromise?" She asked.

"I'm listening." I said as I glanced at her.

We were pulling up to the pack house just then.

"How about IF I'm here next Saturday you can formally introduce me to everyone to your pack, as I was planning in going back next Friday."

I turned off the car and removed my seat belt to fully face her.

"Okay, but in the meantime if an individual pack member comes up to us you have to let me introduce you to them."

She smiled, "alright...so long as you promise that the possible formal announcement to your entire pack isn't crazy over the top as in no pack party."

"What?!" I asked in disbelief. "You're crazy, my pack lives for the pack parties."

She got shy on me as she sort of drew into herself, I'd only really notice her do this when we were back at her parents place.

"Well if we have to have a party then why don't you have a party or something for another reason and announce me at that function almost like saying 'oh yeah and by the way heres my friend Daisy'?"

I thought about it, "I see..."

"You see?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah...you don't like the attention on you?"

She shrugged, "I'm honestly use to it being an Alpha's daughter  but I'd prefer if I didn't have to be the main focus."

She wasn't an attention whore, I admired her for that.

"I can absolutely promise that I will do everything so that the main focus is on something else and not you if I get to introduce you to my pack."

As she unbuckled I went to kiss her but she smiled and let herself out of the car, I smirked, only she could make me want to chase after her like I've never chased after any other girl before.